• Rest of regular season

#34860  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:55 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 am
The NCAA just asked for a Trade Mark on 'Mask Madness'..

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-ba ... dk59fr6b3h

8 games are already cancelled / postponed today. I still wonder why - with a VACCINE out now - we don't just pause for a month or two and get the initial immunizations out there.. Rick Pitino / Jeff Capel and numerous other coaches have now come out and said "what's the difference in March vs May for the tourney?". Still play, just let the first wave or two of vaccinations get out there and then restart.

Anyway, hope the DIns win tomorrow
Mainly because healthy athletes with no risk will be the last to receive the vaccine prolly sometime this summer.
AP, that is a legitimate response. But what of the older referees and coaches and health care people on the sidelines? I am Not an alarmist, just asking. We have already had cases of referees and several big-time coaches w COVID (Jeff Capel at Pitt, Jay Wright at Villanova, UNLV Otzelberger, the list goes on...

it is a common response that people say 'the athletes are fine'.. but what of the coaches etc? What about waiting until those on the sideline 50/60 or older get the vaccine? Maybe they could be vaccinated by March?
 #34861  by Furmanoid
 Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:23 am
Seems like coaches are really only exposed to their own players and staff. So postponing games wouldn’t make much difference. You would need to shut down the programs- no practice, no meetings, no leaving the house for elderly coaches.
 #34917  by soconjohn
 Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:32 am
It is realistic that this season will end...Just like college football in the FBS is...It may look different, but we will have a season...Postponement for a month is possible, however.
 #35039  by CharlieFU
 Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:39 pm
ETSU’s games this week have been postponed (Wed and Sat) due to covid.
 #35044  by soconjohn
 Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:43 am
Seems like everyone ETSU is playing or has played has COVID or gets it...lol...All kidding aside, the Bucs looked good from what I saw this weekend of their game with UNCG...Completely different team from early in the year....The Brewer brothers are very good.