• Kickoff times/Attendance Guidelines

#35717  by Flagman
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm
I wish they would inform us of the community standards for moving to each phase.
QCGlue liked this
 #35718  by Roundball
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:17 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm
I wish they would inform us of the community standards for moving to each phase.
I doubt there is anything in writing. It’s probably a gut feeling. If the numbers don’t improve, I don’t see how they will move to Phase 3, and certainly not to Phase 4 where fans can attend a game.
 #35719  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:55 pm
We have masks, social distancing, hand washing, vaccine dissemination (focusing on the most vulnerable & ‘front-liners’) underway, and would seem to be making great headway in gaining on the elusive ‘goal’ of “herd immunity.”

4,000 Fans, outdoors, in a socially-distanced stadium, ain’t gonna spread the ‘rona.

Are we gonna have to #StormTheStadium ????

We can all be full-throated in homage to that great Paladin D-Lineman, Kimko, as he ‘convinced’ the Management of a well-known Apartment Community to move their “Pool Closed at Night” policy to Phase 5...during the 1st-Ever Alpha Nu Hawaiian Party...

“GONNA BUST THE GATE DOIN’ 98!!!”
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cavedweller2, QCGlue, fupaladin01 and 1 others liked this
 #35721  by Furmanoid
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 pm
Well it looks like waiting till Spring was a really stupid idea. Wouldn’t be surprised if the numbers are down to September levels by mid season but those numbers were unacceptably high, remember? So I don’t see how we play at all without somebody admitting they screwed up.
 #35722  by cavedweller2
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:52 pm
One word: The games are outdoors. What was our average attendance the last year we played a full home season? How many actually sat in the visitors stands? My guess is that the average attendance from 2019 could be distributed somewhat safely throughout the stadium.

It is outdoors.
dornb, QCGlue, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #35724  by dornb
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:33 pm
This makes me sick! It is outside. We can sit socially distant with our masks on and enjoy watching our Paladins play. No tailgating! What would be the point of driving from Greenwood if I can't tailgate before the game. Trust the fans to take care of themselves.
QCGlue, fupaladin01 liked this
 #35725  by Flagman
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:03 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
We have masks, social distancing, hand washing, vaccine dissemination (focusing on the most vulnerable & ‘front-liners’) underway, and would seem to be making great headway in gaining on the elusive ‘goal’ of “herd immunity.”

4,000 Fans, outdoors, in a socially-distanced stadium, ain’t gonna spread the ‘rona.

We can all be full-throated in homage to that great Paladin D-Lineman, Kimko, as he ‘convinced’ the Management of a well-known Apartment Community to move their “Pool Closed at Night” policy to Phase 5...during the 1st-Ever Alpha Nu Hawaiian Party...

Not in South Carolina. The only criteria being considered here is age (now at 70). An individual's health is not a factor.
 #35729  by FUPlayer74
 Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:38 pm
With Greenville Co reporting daily numbers these days equal to what the entire state was reporting back in the summer, I wouldn't expect many fans to see Furman football live this Spring. I just hoping we play and I can watch on tv!
gofurman liked this
 #35740  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 am
Reported attendance in 2019 was 35883 or an average of 5981 fans per game with the most in attendance being 7667.
Listed capacity of Paladin Stadium in approx 16000. So we averaged a little over 1/3 capacity in 2019. I am guessing the Spring season may bring an average of 4000 folks if fans are allowed. I could be wrong. Usually am. I do not see where the issue is about allowing fans in to the games. There is plenty of space to spread out if the entire stadium is used though I am sure some will get butt hurt if told they have to sit on the visitors side.
 #35742  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:29 am
The visitor’s side may be the preferred side, since it will be in the sun.
 #35743  by Fred Garvin
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 am
A Furman University run by John E. Johns and an athletic department run by Dick Sheridan would have a plan to allow 4000 fans at games. Instead, 2021 Furman leadership can't walk and chew gum.

Both sides open
No tickets to opposition
No Bands
Student ticket lottery of 500. If they don't use them the student body loses them.

Hell, rent us the baseball stadium. We can charge for entry and put up a big screen and watch the game.
cavedweller2, Davemeister, FUBeAR and 3 others liked this
 #35779  by gofurman
 Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:17 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:38 pm
With Greenville Co reporting daily numbers these days equal to what the entire state was reporting back in the summer, I wouldn't expect many fans to see Furman football live this Spring. I just hoping we play and I can watch on tv!
Agree. Just please let us have some football in some way.. even if it's damn ESPN3 - that beats the hell out of nothing
pmtee@sc.rr.com liked this
 #35797  by aqualung
 Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 am
FUBeAR wrote:

I vote to impeach FUBeAR from this board for inciting a riot.
furman88, FUBeAR liked this