• Elon Game Thread

#3549  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:40 pm
If it wasn't ELON I wouldn't be so mad but DAMMIT - HANG ON TO DA" BALL you guys

and we are SOOOOOOO one dimensionsal - I said in my pre-game that if I were Elon they should stack the box and dare a FR QB to throw it... yep

and 3 guys have fumbled now as Trapp joins the party !
 #3552  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:47 pm
looking at the faces of the team on sideline after missed FG they look down. Having good recvrs is POINTLESS if we continue to throw like this

REALLY early in year but this looks lije the year our motto was ' the defense never rests' ... and literally they didnt' - Jackal has commented on that motto too. It was - unfortunately - appropriate

I mean, this is UNFAIR - Elon can throw and catch the ball... that's not fair :D
 #3553  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:53 pm
What the hell am I watching!?!?!?! This first half has been disgusting
 #3555  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 pm
The fact that neither Bell nor Gordon have touched the ball on offense is insane.
Hard to get it to Gordon when we cant' throw for sh*t. THough, yeah, he is a playmaker - gotta get him an end around or something. Really limiting when we can't even threaten a pass...

AND our vaunted secondary has been hit up a few times.

But yeah, our O has to help our D some here - comeon
 #3557  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:59 pm
We have 7 points in 6 quarters, what the hell
 #3558  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:04 pm
Even our defense has been like swiss cheese, this is bad
sluggo liked this
 #3562  by youwouldno
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:07 pm
It's hard to imagine a program regressing so rapidly in such a short period of time. Part of it is definitely the lack of a QB, but to see the defense struggle so badly is pretty concerning. For a team to return so many players and be so bad is just hard to understand.

This game is over without a doubt, but the bigger question is whether there's any hope for the season.
 #3565  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:09 pm
The only saving grace for this season is I think the SoCon is really bad so we might be somewhat competitive in the conference.
 #3566  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:17 pm
FU looks like a pee wee football team right now, so disgusting