• Furman @ (No Longer Undefeated) Citadel Jan. 13

#35415  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:48 pm
No doubt we are easily 30 points better than Citadel, we get decent refs in Greenville it will be blowout city folks
 #35432  by tya1
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:34 pm
Although I think the margin deceiving because I thought Furman probably should have won by 12 or more, I am happy with the final score. The Citadel played hard all game and I thought the Paladins had a couple moments when their focus was lost. Just a few moments is enough time to let a three point shooting team knock down some shots to stay in the game.

Even the Citadel announcing team admitted that they got several breaks from the officials. But we need to play hard all the time. Don't stop and look at the refs.

Another excellent game from Mounce. He is playing like a senior star should.
After the first half I wondered where Bothwell was, but he came through strong in the end.

Three point shooting could have been better, Mounce hit 4-5 but the rest of team was only 4-20. We also left a few points at the free throw. Need to knock those down in a close game.

Does anyone know if Foster will be back soon?
QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #35438  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 pm
Good win. Citadel is much improved over last year and I think they will beat some people this year.

Is it required now for the Refs to openly favor the home team? Some of those ticky tacky fouls were ridiculous, esp the fake charge on Slawson in the second half. If a Cit player drove to the basket and was sneezed on it was a foul.
QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #35439  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 pm
Good win. Citadel is much improved over last year and I think they will beat some people this year.

Is it required now for the Refs to openly favor the home team? Some of those ticky tacky fouls were ridiculous, esp the fake charge on Slawson in the second half. If a Cit player drove to the basket and was sneezed on it was a foul.
I hope you say that about the refs come Saturday afternoon, LOL. I think a key point in the game was about the 6 minute mark when we had a 15 point lead and had 3 or 4 straight possessions to push it further and came up empty and Citadel then went on an 8-0 run to cut it to 7. So instead of being up big at the half it was close. Overall I think Citadel is much better than normal. Same with VMI as I watched to WC at the buzzer. They have some good shooters. Where did the military schools get all these good shooters? I was happy to get the win and set up a big game Saturday against ETSU.