• Well Tickets

#35234  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:18 pm
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:39 pm
Sorry, have to disagree with you on this one, Charlie. Furman was promoting the event as recently as a week ago. The well is continuing to host other events safely including the swamp rabbits. Don’t think ED made the decision unilaterally, but I’d be curious to know how many tickets had been sold and if this was a move to not play in front of a large, fairly empty arena. Really don’t think the state and local government is stopping Furman basketball but not other events downtown.
Joey, don’t know how many tickets were sold but the lower level on both sides was sold out. I don’t think it was ticket sales.
 #35236  by JoeyFreshwater
 Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:40 pm
“Sold out” on both sides of the lower level with social distancing measures in place isn’t a ton of $$$. Just saying.
 #35237  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 pm
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:40 pm
“Sold out” on both sides of the lower level with social distancing measures in place isn’t a ton of $$$. Just saying.
At $30 a ticket it adds up pretty fast. 👍
 #35240  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:31 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:18 pm
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:39 pm
Sorry, have to disagree with you on this one, Charlie. Furman was promoting the event as recently as a week ago. The well is continuing to host other events safely including the swamp rabbits. Don’t think ED made the decision unilaterally, but I’d be curious to know how many tickets had been sold and if this was a move to not play in front of a large, fairly empty arena. Really don’t think the state and local government is stopping Furman basketball but not other events downtown.
Joey, don’t know how many tickets were sold but the lower level on both sides was sold out. I don’t think it was ticket sales.
So what
 #35241  by Paul C
 Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:41 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 pm
Have any of you considered the possibility this decision was not made in a vacuum but in concert with the City and The Well? I’m confident Pres Davis did not unilaterally pull the plug.

I initially reacted similarly but my wife set me straight. I’m as frustrated as anyone; I have missed only one home game so far. I’m a junkie. But I do believe Furman is doing the best it can under difficult circumstances

Your anger should be directed at the failed leadership of this state and nation.
So every other country in the world isn’t going through this? That was a pitiful attempt to politicize a global pandemic that has about crushed every nation in the developed world. You can do better Charlie.
 #35242  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:51 pm
Paul C wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
Have any of you considered the possibility this decision was not made in a vacuum but in concert with the City and The Well? I’m confident Pres Davis did not unilaterally pull the plug.

I initially reacted similarly but my wife set me straight. I’m as frustrated as anyone; I have missed only one home game so far. I’m a junkie. But I do believe Furman is doing the best it can under difficult circumstances

Your anger should be directed at the failed leadership of this state and nation.
So every other country in the world isn’t going through this? That was a pitiful attempt to politicize a global pandemic that has about crushed every nation in the developed world. You can do better Charlie.
Absolutely, this is a first world problem to the fullest, completely unavoidable with todays global trade economy and travel. One thing I like to tell democrats is are we suppose to just believe Africa is coincidentally really good at handling Covid lol :D

Anyways hopefully in our lives we never have to deal with anything much worse than this was, because that will certainly happen at some point.
 #35247  by CharlieFU
 Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:15 pm
Paul C wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:

My primary purpose was to say it wasn’t really fair to criticize Furman’s administration when we maybe don’t know all the facts.

So my last comment was not intended to politicize the covid response. In fact, I made no distinction politically. I was actually talking about both parties’ various failures. I hope that clarifies it. I will try to be clearer in the future.

I’m not one bit shy saying what I think about certain political positions, and am often on the other end of things with many folks on here, PaulC included. This wasn’t meant to be one of those times.