• Furman @ Alabama Dec. 15 (SEC Network)

#34439  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:02 pm
Watching Richmond wear out Vandy. Haven’t seen a bad call the whole game. A shame we had to have the biased crew we were stuck with last night.
 #34444  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:37 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:13 pm
Has the traveling rule changed or did they exempt Alabama from it? It sure looked like they were taking 3 and 4 steps at times.
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:36 pm
Euro steps I think. Sort of legalish.
bama got away with a lot but these days they let EVERYONE take too many steps. everyone .. don't even get me started on the NBA junk
 #34464  by FurmAlum
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:45 pm
I watched it on the SEC Network but I remember someone posting that Dan was broadcasting on radio.

Charlie, Do you think Alabama is in the top third, middle of the pack, or bottom third of the SEC?

Also, are we off-base about whining about the Refs?
 #34472  by CharlieFU
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:51 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:45 pm
I watched it on the SEC Network but I remember someone posting that Dan was broadcasting on radio.

Charlie, Do you think Alabama is in the top third, middle of the pack, or bottom third of the SEC?

Also, are we off-base about whining about the Refs?
I don’t really know enough about the SEC to comment on Alabama’s standing in that conference.

I am usually loathe to blame the refs for much of anything, but there does seem to be a pattern of getting hosed on the road.
 #34474  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:06 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:32 pm
Was this game on the radio?
Yes it was. Watched most of it on SECN but listened to CBR postgame. How was your trip? Last time I was in Tuscaloosa their football stadium held ONLY about 60,000 now it’s 100,000 so I know it’s very impressive now. IIRC it as right in the middle of campus. Have no idea where that many people would park, but I’m sure it’s changed a lot.
 #34489  by apaladin
 Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:25 am
Great report. Watched the replay. All the fouls on Mounce were tricky tacky to say the least. The offensive foul with 2 mins left in the half was a flop and not even a good one but the ref bit.
 #34494  by CharlieFU
 Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:15 am
furpop16 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:00 am
CharlieFU wrote:

I click the link on the Paladins' schedule. It takes you here: https://www.radio.com/espnupstate/listen
I asked because when I got to the coliseum I could never find Dan. I now know he broadcasted remotely. SEC, and/or Alabama, I guess do not allow visiting teams to have their radio crew in person.
furpop16 liked this
 #34495  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:25 am
Great report. Watched the replay. All the fouls on Mounce were tricky tacky to say the least. The offensive foul with 2 mins left in the half was a flop and not even a good one but the ref bit.
It had a similar game to our contest with Auburn last year - our bigs get in foul trouble on some weak fouls, and the athletic bigs start attacking the rim in the second half.

Richey may have addressed this, but his decision to send Mounce back on the floor with 4 fouls midway through the second half was an interesting call. He was the offensive spark plug, but you knew there was a risk of playing most of the second half without him.
 #34496  by CharlieFU
 Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:24 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:06 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Yes it was. Watched most of it on SECN but listened to CBR postgame. How was your trip? Last time I was in Tuscaloosa their football stadium held ONLY about 60,000 now it’s 100,000 so I know it’s very impressive now. IIRC it as right in the middle of campus. Have no idea where that many people would park, but I’m sure it’s changed a lot.
My first time in Tuscaloosa. Stadium is humongous. They have added to it repeatedly over the years, with capacity now 101,000 I think. Sits in a neighborhood basically, kind of on fringe of campus. Bordered on one side by a cemetery. Odd.

Town is nit much to write home about. Dinner with the Flags at a burger/steak joint, Nicks in the Sticks, just outside of town. Small place but is apparently a long time institution and favorite of locals. Always look for those kinds of places.

Talked with Noah’s mom and dad. Not much purple there.

Asked about radio because I never saw Dan! Now know he broadcasted remotely.

I would post pics but can never get them to load.