• Furman @ Alabama Dec. 15 (SEC Network)

#34376  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:46 pm
Yeah refs were tough but I Gotta give it to Bama. They played great D in second half. Our offense wilted - it did. They became the aggressors and we started dribbling in place and jacking ill -advised threes.

It was a tale of two halves regardless the refs.

Good game to learn from
 #34378  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:49 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:54 pm
Bama’s size down low is playing a huge factor. Second chance points are really in their favor.
This is an understatement. Like 24 second chance points to 1 !! Bama - miss. tip. Tip. Tip. Make... Hard when other team is that much taller

Move on. Win SoCon for once
El Guapo liked this
 #34380  by edwards555
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:01 am
We are not going to win against the power conferences until we can defend the basket and rebound. WE should have won at Cin but first half shooting was poor. We had more shots than Cin did. Tonight we shot as well as a team can shoot and still got beat.
 #34381  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:07 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:07 pm
Gotta win on the defensive end. Not going to shoot 60+ % in the second half. Hope that 5-0 Bama run to end the isn’t the difference.
Unfortunately this turned out to be true. Not scoring the last 2 plus minutes of the first half and letting the 15 point lead dwindle to 10 was the difference.
 #34382  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:16 am
edwards555 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:01 am
We are not going to win against the power conferences until we can defend the basket and rebound. WE should have won at Cin but first half shooting was poor. We had more shots than Cin did. Tonight we shot as well as a team can shoot and still got beat.
Slight correction, we shot as well as a team can shoot in the first half. Shot under 40% the second.
 #34383  by FurmAlum
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:27 am
Wasn't all on the Refs but I checked the box score. We had 21 fouls and they had 14. Both teams played an aggressive defense (except for us the last 6-7 minutes.) I don't know if that was fatigue or not.

Most times when they drive the paint and we touch 'em it's a foul on us, esp Mounce, Gurley, or Slawson. Tonight it was Mounce that got screwed. Most times when we drive the paint, forget about a touch, that is never called. We get bumped around, we very rarely get a call. It's just a fact of life. The later in the game the worse it gets.

Is it a psychological thing with the Refs or what? Is it asking too much just to be fair? Am I off base here?

That post about our OOC schedule in 1975 was unreal. Some of those games were at home!!! Now, we can't even get a mid-major to play us at home much less a Power 5 school.

It just aint right.
 #34385  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 am
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:17 pm
Lead Time

Dins: 37:12
AL : 1:17
Actually FU led the first 38:15
Bama only the last 77 seconds.
After 2 really tough games I doubt we will see Alabama on the schedule any time soon.
 #34390  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:16 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:27 am
Wasn't all on the Refs but I checked the box score. We had 21 fouls and they had 14. Both teams played an aggressive defense (except for us the last 6-7 minutes.) I don't know if that was fatigue or not.

Most times when they drive the paint and we touch 'em it's a foul on us, esp Mounce, Gurley, or Slawson. Tonight it was Mounce that got screwed. Most times when we drive the paint, forget about a touch, that is never called. We get bumped around, we very rarely get a call. It's just a fact of life. The later in the game the worse it gets.

Is it a psychological thing with the Refs or what? Is it asking too much just to be fair? Am I off base here?

That post about our OOC schedule in 1975 was unreal. Some of those games were at home!!! Now, we can't even get a mid-major to play us at home much less a Power 5 school.

It just aint right.

I've always been impressed under Richey and Medved that our players are so even keeled out there.

It's as if they knew the calls were going to go against them and expected it. Unfortunately, we lost a few extra possessions in a one possession game.

Still, go on the road and sore 80 against an SEC team is a respectable day at the office.