• Furman @ Alabama Dec. 15 (SEC Network)

#34239  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:56 pm
Re-watched our Cincy game on ESPN+, funny how once the game got really close late all the questionable calls started going in favor of Cincy, not a coincidence
 #34241  by furpop16
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:07 pm
If you're gonna go after The King, you gotta knock him off decisively. No "gimme's" to the challenger.
 #34242  by FurmanFan2020
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:23 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:47 am
FurmanFan2020 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:57 pm
IMO a victory over Alabama is possible and would be a definite plus to the Furman OOC schedule. Defense is the key as the Paladins cannot permit the Tide to shoot any where near the 57% Cincinnati shot.

As for the Conference schedule, IMO Furman has an excellent chance to run the table. I will look this up and post the information unless one of you knows whether Furman has ever produced an unbeaten conference record.

In HCBR we trust!
1975 Furman went 15-0 in conference. 14-0 at home.
Thanks for posting this information; 45 years have past, time to do it again.
 #34250  by apaladin
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:31 pm
I know it’s still pretty early but I am disappointed in the depth that CBR bragged about so much preseason. I guess he had me expecting too much but it’s time for at least a coupe to step up big time.
 #34253  by FurmAlum
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 pm
Anderson, Hien, Foster, and JP have all played well in spurts so far this year. Including Lawrence that's 10 deep. But that's also 2 true freshmen, 2 RS freshmen , and 1 junior. Not a lot of experience on the bench. Give it some time and they will develop.
FurmanFan2020 liked this
 #34258  by apaladin
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:26 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 pm
Anderson, Hien, Foster, and JP have all played well in spurts so far this year. Including Lawrence that's 10 deep. But that's also 2 true freshmen, 2 RS freshmen , and 1 junior. Not a lot of experience on the bench. Give it some time and they will develop.
Yes you are right, I guess I was expecting the wow factor that we haven’t seen. I certainly think/hope/expect it to get better sooner rather than later.
 #34263  by Furmanoid
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:59 am
FurmanFan2020 wrote:
cavedweller2 wrote:
FurmanFan2020 wrote:
IMO a victory over Alabama is possible and would be a definite plus to the Furman OOC schedule. Defense is the key as the Paladins cannot permit the Tide to shoot any where near the 57% Cincinnati shot.

As for the Conference schedule, IMO Furman has an excellent chance to run the table. I will look this up and post the information unless one of you knows whether Furman has ever produced an unbeaten conference record.

In HCBR we trust!
That’s an interesting year to compare to. We were 22-7. But our losses were to Clemson, OU, UNC, NC State, LaSalle, Southern Cal and BC by 6 in the NCAA. We beat Florida, Minnesota, Houston and Jacksonville (only a few years after they reached the NCAA finals and we stole their coach). The conference was way different too:Richmond, W&M, ECU, Davidson, VMI, Citadel, App State. And VMI had some decent years. During those few glory years we would generally lose 1 or 2 in the conference to Davidson or ECU. I wonder if schools bailed on the SoCon because we took away any chance of NCAA bids with our awesomeness.

Long way to go to get back to a year like that. Winning today and then winning the tournament even if we drop 2-3 SoCon games would be a GREAT step.
 #34266  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:10 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:59 am
FurmanFan2020 wrote:
cavedweller2 wrote:
FurmanFan2020 wrote:

In HCBR we trust!
That’s an interesting year to compare to. We were 22-7. But our losses were to Clemson, OU, UNC, NC State, LaSalle, Southern Cal and BC by 6 in the NCAA. We beat Florida, Minnesota, Houston and Jacksonville (only a few years after they reached the NCAA finals and we stole their coach). The conference was way different too:Richmond, W&M, ECU, Davidson, VMI, Citadel, App State. And VMI had some decent years. During those few glory years we would generally lose 1 or 2 in the conference to Davidson or ECU. I wonder if schools bailed on the SoCon because we took away any chance of NCAA bids with our awesomeness.

Long way to go to get back to a year like that. Winning today and then winning the tournament even if we drop 2-3 SoCon games would be a GREAT step.
holy crap that is one helluva OOC schedule !!!!!!
furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.