• Furman @ Cincinnati Dec. 9

#33808  by CharlieFU
 Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:51 am
This is a great opportunity for our program. To continue to grow, we need to win some of these games against quality opponents on the road.

We can do this. Go get ‘em!
 #33811  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:58 am
I was perusing some information about UC.

They appeared to struggle some against Libcomb. The Bison had a lead in the second half and the Bearcats needed a big run late to take it. According to some of these rankings, we are a better team than Lipscomb, though I do not know whether that is a truism.

Against Xavier, the local sports suggested they struggled defensively. I don't know much about Xavier, but the mystical rankings appear to suggest they are in the neighborhood of Furman's quality.

Scanning the lineup, it appears that UC starts three Gs and plays with two big men, one who is 6'10 and the other is listed at 7'1. Box scores suggest that they may not be particularly deep, as most of their starting lineup has averaged over 30 minutes on the floor their first two games (by contrast, Furman doesn't have a single player averaging over 30 minutes).

I would assume Furman will try to exploit matchup problems with our athletic forwards - see if these big guys can come out and guard Mounce and Slawson.

We aren't going to see too many 7 foot centers this season. I think we've got a few more bodies to throw at them defensively. At times last year, our lack of depth in that area hurt if one of our key guys got in foul trouble.
 #33820  by Affirm
 Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:13 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:51 am
This is a great opportunity for our program. To continue to grow, we need to win some of these games against quality opponents on the road.

We can do this. Go get ‘em!
Yes.
Need this.
Wish we did not always need, but at least for now we do.
Seems that we seldom are able to take advantage of such opportunities.
 #33825  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:18 am
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:58 am
According to some of these rankings, we are a better team than Lipscomb, though I do not know whether that is a truism.
We better be. Lipscomb is now 1-4 and ranked #205 in kenpom. They lost Saturday by 36 to Arkansas.
 #33828  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:02 pm
Find it so funny that coach K now thinks we should rethink playing after he gets waxed by Illinois and falls to 2-2.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don’t worry coach Charleston Southern and Gardner-Webb are just around the corner.
 #33832  by furpop16
 Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:28 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:02 pm
Find it so funny that coach K now thinks we should rethink playing after he gets waxed by Illinois and falls to 2-2.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don’t worry coach Charleston Southern and Gardner-Webb are just around the corner.
Replied in our new folder! -> Forum Index -> Other Sports -> NCAA Basketball