• Billy Napier to SC?

#33371  by CharlieFU
 Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:14 pm
Napier, Chadwell and Beamer have interviewed for SC job
 #33550  by cavedweller2
 Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:21 pm
If Chadwell beats BYU I’m guessing he gets the job.
 #33563  by Furmanoid
 Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:45 pm
If Chadwell pulls this off, I think he would be stupid to go to Carolina. He would be golden at Coastal forever if he wanted to stay. With Coastal on the map he can use their considerable recruiting advantages (It’s not college, it’s Coastal) to build the Boise State of the South and then jump to a really good job in a few years if he wants. At USC you just wreck you’re reputation and get fired.
 #33587  by Affirm
 Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:17 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:04 pm
Checked in with my Gamecock family members…
they seem to think Napier is the choice at the lower level schools - over Chadwell and Freeze who have shady pasts.

Kitchens is at USC as RB coach - would be kinda funny to have Napier and Bobby Lamb in Columbia.
What schools are you referring to as “the lower level schools”?
 #33588  by Affirm
 Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:27 am
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:52 pm
https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... ear-close/

According to this, it appears Napier is among those identified as a favorites. Chadwell also listed.

I always like to see Furman guys do well, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the coaching carousel would find it's way to Furman's door.
In any case, is it realistic that we could hope, ask, or perhaps even expect for Coach N to positively remember Paladin Club in his charitable contributions annually, hopefully increasing in proportion with, or more, his annual income (salary + bonuses + buyouts when/if he gets let go)?
A promotion to a UofSC level school is a big jump in money. Of course, he’s probably already doing quite well at Louisiana.
 #33608  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:41 pm
Watching the Louisiana/App St on espn and mid way thru the 4th quarter, guess what they showed? Yep the miracle on the mountain. Showed the go ahead FU TD and then the 2 point debacle. Forgot that Napier was the QB. They said Napier said he would never forget it but never wanted to see it again.
 #33609  by Sir William
 Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:20 am
Goodbye Lafayette. Hello Columbia.
Goodbye mosquitoes. Hello cockroaches.

Honestly, happy for Napier and would love to see him get opportunity at USC. Think he would do great there.
 #33610  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:37 am
Sir William wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:20 am
Goodbye Lafayette. Hello Columbia.
Goodbye mosquitoes. Hello cockroaches.

Honestly, happy for Napier and would love to see him get opportunity at USC. Think he would do great there.
Can anyone do great at SC these days? I think Napier would do as good as anyone but.......
 #33702  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:25 am
Looks like it’s Beamer. Sort of glad that Napier didn’t get it. He will get a much better opportunity later. Wouldn’t pull for the Gamecocks but if Napier got I might have just a little bit. 😎
 #33707  by The Jackal
 Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:23 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:25 am
Looks like it’s Beamer. Sort of glad that Napier didn’t get it. He will get a much better opportunity later. Wouldn’t pull for the Gamecocks but if Napier got I might have just a little bit. 😎
It could be that Napier turned it down, too. Napier's in a good situation - he's built a good program and is in a place where he can consistently keep winning. There should be some bigger jobs than South Carolina opening up in the near future.
 #33713  by cavedweller2
 Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:42 am
LSU, Tennessee, Texas to name a few. Patience is in his favor. He would have done well in Cola.

I would advise him to stay away from the Fulmer Follies.

Who knows he may go back out to the PAC 12
 #33721  by Furmanoid
 Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:35 pm
Of those 3, I think LSU makes the most sense and he’s almost a lock to get it if he keeps winning and Coach O keeps losing. He’s winning with a team called the Cajuns and he even has a French name. But if you can win consistently where you are and make more money than you actually need for decades, why leave?
 #33796  by Flagman
 Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:30 pm
Wondering if Napier might have been Carolina's first choice. I'd love to tell my SC friends that it was his Furman education that told him to withdraw. Surely, he read the tea leaves. something much better will come along.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.