• Furman @ Richmond Dec. 5

#33472  by cavedweller2
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:35 pm
They's FSU skeered. Dont want to take the ass whoopin from Furman so they start the narrative with their Cof C game.
FUBeAR liked this
 #33473  by Sad Din
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:02 pm
was going to post yesterday that this might happen.. Spiders in Top 25 why ruin it now
 #33474  by Flagman
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:05 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:17 pm
NOOOOO

For some reason the tweet isn't loading. Has our game with Richmond been cancelled, also.
 #33475  by Roundball
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:48 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:05 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:17 pm
NOOOOO

For some reason the tweet isn't loading. Has our game with Richmond been cancelled, also.
Not yet. Another test will be administered. If that one is positive too, the game will be canceled, or postponed.
 #33476  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:34 pm
Why can football teams play with multiple positives sometimes as many as 20+ but basketball can’t with one positive? Yes I know FB has more players. If teams are going to cancel games for one positive most teams will be lucky to get 15-20;games in.
 #33485  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:38 pm
Peeps on the UR message board are pretty bummed as expected. Apparently the one positive was not a player and they are questioning why some teams keep playing(Gonzaga) with positive tests and others shutdown for 2 weeks. Good question. If this trend continues of shutting down because someone closes to the program tests positive I think the season of all teams are in jeopardy. Just crazy.
 #33486  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:46 pm
apaladin wrote:
Peeps on the UR message board are pretty bummed as expected. Apparently the one positive was not a player and they are questioning why some teams keep playing(Gonzaga) with positive tests and others shutdown for 2 weeks. Good question. If this trend continues of shutting down because someone closes to the program tests positive I think the season of all teams are in jeopardy. Just crazy.
Yep
Here is the thread (for those interested in reading) on UR's message board
https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/thre ... ram.12593/
 #33487  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:39 am
apaladin wrote:

My experience with this virus to this point is that, at times, there's a lot of talk and not a lot of walk.

From my observations, organizations can put in all the protocols they want, but those protocols are useless if not enforced. A lot of these protocols, too, are just placebo.

College basketball is attempting something that really is novel in 2020 - playing a full week-to-week schedule among teams from different conferences and different parts of the country.

By most accounts, Richmond is doing the hard but correct thing. Gonzaga is doing the easy but incorrect thing. If playing basketball is the top priority, just own it and stop pretending otherwise.

To your question of "why," the answer is always the same in major college athletics - money.
 #33491  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:33 am
Just your opinion on what is correct or not correct. I think we can all agree on that. :D
 #33493  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:56 am
From UR board:
who is positive
"3 positive tests
Members of the traveling party, but not players"

regarding retest
"Per Mooney in the SVPod, if we get negatives from all three, we will resume. Otherwise, it's 14 days."
 #33496  by JohnW
 Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 am
Hope the game comes off. However, in this time, I admire a coach, administration that puts the health of their athletes and employees and of course everyone that interacts with them (out team) first. They might just save a life or long term health problems for someone and what's the cost? We miss a game. Just a game.
Roundball liked this
 #33497  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Hopefully they will be testing today, the sooner they give us a decision the sooner we can explore any other potential opportunities

Or reschedule them, as I am sure we would like to keep our home and home arrangement with them
 #33511  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:54 pm
Guess now we wait and see what happens on Richmond's side of things
 #33520  by soconjohn
 Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:29 am
Hopefully the game can happen, however, I am confident Furman will play someone good before the Cincinnati game next Wednesday.
 #33521  by PaladinPower
 Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:03 am
CBR sounds like he wants a challenge. There is one right up the road. Clemson is not scheduled to play another game until Wednesday, 12/9. Hopefully Brownell picks up the call and lets the players play. Though, coach did mention wanting to go through the hotel routine for the new guys, so not sure a trip up the road would warrant that.