• Tusculum @ Furman Nov. 25

#33324  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:24 pm
They just said graphic technical difficulties, so guess they are working on it
 #33327  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:34 pm
Southern Wesleyan beat Upstate by 10. Our next 2 opponents. Apparently they do not count these as exhibitions. That was there first ever D1 win.
 #33328  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:34 pm
Southern Wesleyan beat Upstate by 10. Our next 2 opponents. Apparently they do not count these as exhibitions. That was there first ever D1 win.
Respect to SW for choosing to count these games as real games on the record, and congrats to them for upsetting USC-Upstate
 #33330  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:51 pm
It’s only one half observations:
Bothwell starts where he left off last year.
Gurley still struggling around the basket.
 #33331  by youwouldno
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:56 pm
Paladins played at a noticeably faster pace than usual, and passed less around the perimeter . . . much more 'downhill' style, though some of that might be the opponent.
 #33332  by DungeonRealm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:32 pm
Hein looked good.
Nice to have Hein off the bench, size off the bench is something we were lacking last season, this makes us much deeper
 #33336  by Furmanoid
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:19 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:32 pm
Hein looked good.
Nice to have Hein off the bench, size off the bench is something we were lacking last season, this makes us much deeper
He may not be coming off the bench for long.
 #33337  by CharlieFU
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:27 pm
Coach said they planned to pick up the pace this year, so that’s what we are seeing.

Hein does not play like a freshman. Pugh only in briefly so far as 9th man.
 #33342  by youwouldno
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:29 pm
Other observations . . .

- Tusculum not only counted it as an exhibition, but played like it too, by continuously bringing guys off the bench . . . in the first half alone they played like 14 guys or something insane like that. I do consider inter-divisional games to be exhibitions by their nature, but still found that to be a little curious, like maybe the Tusculum coach didn't want his players to take it too seriously and have their confidence hurt.

- Bothwell, Mounce, and Slawson looked good, not surprising.

- Hien looks noticeably bigger/stronger than in his HS highlights. It was a great debut but will be interesting to see how he does against an opponent that tries to defend him.

- Obviously a rough game for Gurley, but one thing that really stood out was Anderson's "defense." He's going to have to make some adjustments or I don't see how he can log significant minutes in D-I games. Hunter seemed a bit off too but given his track record, nothing to worry about.
 #33344  by CharlieFU
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:22 pm
Mounce had 23 Points and 10 boards in 24 minutes of play. Efficient! Early foul trouble get others into the game earlier.

I liked Noah’s aggressiveness even if he struggled otherwise.

Bothwell is All Conference material. Stat line was impressive.

Coaches in sports shirts instead of usual suits. Not sure if that is just a one time thing or if they have changed things up. A good many cut-outs. Didn’t see anyone I knew (other than The Tiger King....)