• 2021 Commitment

#32757  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:37 pm
Also, it’s not all on the quarterback.

If he can make the throws, then we can work with him. Looks like he can.
 #32765  by youwouldno
 Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:20 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:13 pm
not saying you're not spot-on > but > Jace and his Dad are now at a new school - know for being a rushing team in arguably one of the toughest football districts in the US. The HC at Mayde brought in Coach Wilson and they're implementing a new offense in a very disruptive season and by what I've seen the offense is heating up.

The good news for Jace is he has two guys ahead of him and he has two years to develop. That said IMO the kid has talent.

Also, Furman appears to be on the trail for QB's in 2022. Several interesting prospects getting attention from Furman.

Yeah, it's interesting that the staff has landed guys with tons of offers at a variety of positions . . . DL, OL, LB, S, TE . . . but not QB, basically since the previous regime and Blazejowski (Sisson had some but mostly the service academies, which make an enormous number of offers). Not that offers determine how well someone will ultimately play, but just in general, Furman hasn't been able to get back to being a 'QB school' like it used to be.
apaladin liked this
 #32766  by AstroDin
 Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:56 pm
Granger had an offer from Western Kentucky…
Sisson also had an offer from Wofford…
and I'm very happy with Grainger and Sisson.
 #32768  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:34 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:13 pm
not saying you're not spot-on > but > Jace and his Dad are now at a new school - know for being a rushing team in arguably one of the toughest football districts in the US. The HC at Mayde brought in Coach Wilson and they're implementing a new offense in a very disruptive season and by what I've seen the offense is heating up.

The good news for Jace is he has two guys ahead of him and he has two years to develop. That said IMO the kid has talent.

Also, Furman appears to be on the trail for QB's in 2022. Several interesting prospects getting attention from Furman.
Wouldn’t he have 3 years to develop since this year won’t count for Grainger and Sisson if they choose to stay that long?
 #32769  by AstroDin
 Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:39 am
Apaladin… let's play this out

Grainger and Sisson are redshirt sophomores in the combo 2021 season.
They will be redshirt juniors in 2022 and redshirt seniors in 2023.

Jace Wilson will be a true freshman in the fall of 2021 and get a redshirt.
Jace will be a redshirt freshman in 2022, a redshirt sophomore in 2023.
so, I think this is correct - Jace will be a redshirt junior in 2024 and a redshirt senior in 2025.

Unless I misunderstand the redshirting of 2021, the benefit for the class of 2021 is they can play in all games in the fall and still redshirt - so that means Jace will be a RSJR coming into 2024.
 #33177  by AstroDin
 Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:12 pm
Furman picked up another commitment tonight… Paul, you want the honors?
 #33185  by AstroDin
 Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:51 am
Amaah Achina 6-1 190
Defensive Back
Greensboro, NC
Northern Guilford HS

Offers: Furman, The Citadel, Holy Cross, Fordham, NC A&T, Bucknell, Yale, Notre Dame College, Princeton, Dartmouth, Penn
FBS Offers: Army, East Carolina
Other Schools with heavy interest: Liberty, Wake Forest

FUKA61 liked this
 #33937  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:22 am
PurpleDrip, huh?

...had that...twice.
 #33938  by AstroDin
 Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:51 am
the 2022 hashtag is #FirstCla22

I'll be curious if we have a hidden commit out there coming early signing day. By my count, we might have one unknown.
 #34018  by AstroDin
 Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:33 am
By my armchair recruiting diagnosis, Furman's most recruited commitment of the 2021 incoming class is Bryce Stanfield. Bryce had to move positions for his senior year at Harrison from DE to NG. His senior highlight package is impressive.

Bryce Stanfield 6-2 250 DE Acworth, GA
Total offers: 25 offers
7 FBS offers: Sunbelt(Coastal, Charlotte, AppST, GaSo, MAC (Akron), ACC(Wake), Army
FCS offers: Ivies (Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Harvard)
CAA (Nova and UNH)
SoCon (Wofford, Mercer, WCU, and Chatty
OVC (Austin Peay, JakSt)
BigSouth (Campbell)
gofurman liked this
 #34127  by gofurman
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:27 pm
Thank again to Astro. Paul. Etc that keep ‘the rest of us’ informed
 #34130  by AstroDin
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:16 pm
I'd definitley expect a few nice surprise pickups on NSD21…
FUKA61 liked this
 #34131  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:43 pm
Beuglas’ Buford Wolves are in the semifinals in Georgia 6A. They dismantled an excellent Hughes team. I think Beuglas has a TD on offense and a sack on D.

Buford moves on to face Valdosta. For those who follow GHSA football, that game will showcase perhaps the best two programs in the state. They have, I think, 34 state titles between them.
AstroDin liked this
 #34152  by AstroDin
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:16 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:43 pm
Beuglas’ Buford Wolves are in the semifinals in Georgia 6A. They dismantled an excellent Hughes team. I think Beuglas has a TD on offense and a sack on D.

Buford moves on to face Valdosta. For those who follow GHSA football, that game will showcase perhaps the best two programs in the state. They have, I think, 34 state titles between them.
Beuglas plays with his hair on fire #1 for Buford