• THE STUPID DECISIONS CONTINUE

#33058  by PaladinPower
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:53 pm
This seems like a pretty easy decision to make and one that will hopefully lead to the most games being played in March or April. Limits the travel, allows for true seeding. Plenty of D1 arenas to play in. It makes sense.
AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #33061  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Making the decision in November makes no sense. Hurts a lot of communities across the country. What’s the difference in 8 teams traveling to 8 different locations than 68 teams traveling to one location? Would be a lot easier to handle 8 teams vs. 68.
 #33063  by Roundball
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm
Considering where we are with the virus, decisions need to be made now. Makes perfect sense to me. The other alternative is to wait. We’ve been there before. Make the decision and live with it. At least the teams will know now and have something to play for.
din23 and 1 others liked this
 #33064  by CharlieFU
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:49 pm
We can have a debate about what is the best thing to do in these circumstances. We can disagree. But this decision is not "stupid." Do people really think they just dreamed this up to piss people off or to screw the regional sites on purpose? Or to wreak havoc among the schools? This is a legitimate solution to a difficult and unprecedented problem.

The NBA bubble experience would seem to support the credibility of this decision.
Roundball, GOAT, din23 liked this
 #33067  by Furmanoid
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:22 pm
I just wonder why not somewhere further South if the cold is supposed to be such a factor. But whatever. I kind of doubt they will even play.