• Spring Football Schedule

#33017  by Roundball
 Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:52 am
The American people control their own destiny. If we do the right things, the virus will not overtake our lives. Sadly, as we have already witnessed, half of America still thinks the virus is a hoax. These are some of the same folks that said the virus would go away on November 4. Social distance. Wear a mask. Be safe. God bless.
76MrMoto liked this
 #33019  by Furmanoid
 Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:54 pm
Please tell us what the right thing is so we can do it. We’ve been doing the masks and social distancing for six months. We may gripe about it but we do it. The WHO says lockdowns don’t work, so if we listen to the science, that’s off the table Cuomo and others seem less than enthusiastic about the vaccine. So just what the heck is the right thing to do? I don’t need to work but I show up at school everyday because they need subs bad. If I left them in the lurch would that be the right thing to do?
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #33020  by Roundball
 Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:59 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:54 pm
Please tell us what the right thing is so we can do it. We’ve been doing the masks and social distancing for six months. We may gripe about it but we do it. The WHO says lockdowns don’t work, so if we listen to the science, that’s off the table Cuomo and others seem less than enthusiastic about the vaccine. So just what the heck is the right thing to do? I don’t need to work but I show up at school everyday because they need subs bad. If I left them in the lurch would that be the right thing to do?
Many folks are not wearing masks. There are several churches that I know about in the area in which the virus is rampant. The 62 year friend of mine that I mentioned on another thread got the virus at his church. Family gatherings are spreading the virus too. It's going to be horrible after Thanksgiving. Have you been to a restaurant in the last couple of weeks? People are tiring of the virus and letting their guard down. I understand that feeling too. All we can do is our part to love our neighbors, especially the first line folks. Bottom line, there is no good answer. This virus does not care about politics, our skin color, our religion or anything else. It's doing its own thing in its own way. We need to hope the vaccine gets here quickly, that it is safe, and that more people take it than not. I agree with those that say we cannot shut down the economy again. We tried that and it did not work. We need the vaccine.
Furmanoid, 76MrMoto, din23 liked this
 #33071  by soconjohn
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:56 pm
I sincerely hope we have a basketball and football season...But in this year, I don't count anything out...I wear a mask...I don't necessarily like it or know what it exactly does, but if that gets us two seasons, I'll do whatever at this point...I am not too good to wear one...But the other thing is, I can't control what others do...I wish that everyone would start wearing masks and washing hands or whatever because this country needs to have some fun again...This staying inside stuff sucks....I remain positive about the prospects of having both basketball and football this season...Fans or no fans.
QCGlue liked this
 #33074  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:17 pm
I don’t know who is not wearing masks at least around Greenville. Everywhere I go everyone is wearing a mask. Yes I see someone every now and then but it is rare. I am talking about indoors. I do not wear one outside nor do I plan to.
 #33075  by Furmanoid
 Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:27 pm
Good news is we now have 2 abnormally effective vaccines that should be ready for mass shipment in December. In theory we could have pretty much everybody over 80 taken care of in January. So the death rate should crash down to almost nothing. Hopefully almost nothing will be good enough to allow sports.
apaladin, PalaDad liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.