Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:43 pm
Too bad we won’t see them in person.
apaladin liked this
 #32939  by CharlieFU
 Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:39 am
Flagman wrote:
I remain hopeful that we will. The plan they announced at least anticipates that.
 #32940  by Roundball
 Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:51 am
Flagman wrote:
Based on the plan announced on Tuesday, we will get to see this team play. However, the virus is exploding, so things will change. At this point, watching our team play on tv is good enough for me. I just want our team to have a chance to compete on the court. Whether I am there in person is not a priority.
AstroDin liked this
 #32953  by furpop16
 Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Anybody else puzzled that while...:
- we have three players listed on the preseason All-SoCon Team to UNCG's one
- and we're ranked higher than UNCG on KenPom
- and we're ranked higher than UNCG by CBS Sports
- and we're ranked higher than UNCG by the Media poll (with nearly twice as many first-place votes)

... nevertheless the Coaches poll overall has UNCG listed as the preseason favorite? What am I missing?
 #32954  by PaladinPower
 Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:54 pm
Furman also has more votes (5) for a 1st place finish than UNCG (4). That makes no sense. Whoever voted for ETSU to finish first must have put Furman at least 4th or 5th for that to happen.
 #32955  by Furmanoid
 Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:21 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Anybody else puzzled that while...:
- we have three players listed on the preseason All-SoCon Team to UNCG's one
- and we're ranked higher than UNCG on KenPom
- and we're ranked higher than UNCG by CBS Sports
- and we're ranked higher than UNCG by the Media poll (with nearly twice as many first-place votes)

... nevertheless the Coaches poll overall has UNCG listed as the preseason favorite? What am I missing?
Hopefully it just means that coaches don’t necessarily know everything about basketball which also explains why so many of them get fired every year. If we are who we think we are we should blow through this conference undefeated and lose maybe 2 out of conference. If we have terrible luck maybe we lose 1 in and 3 out.
 #32965  by youwouldno
 Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:42 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:54 pm
Furman also has more votes (5) for a 1st place finish than UNCG (4). That makes no sense. Whoever voted for ETSU to finish first must have put Furman at least 4th or 5th for that to happen.

The obvious candidate is Wes Miller.
FurmAlum liked this
 #32993  by furmandad
 Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:32 pm
Obviously, pre season selections are limited, but I believe Alex Hunter continues to be under estimated. I would absolutely take Alex over Storm Murphy in a pick up game.