• Tip-Off is Nov. 28th

#32626  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:59 pm
Speaking of scheduling. The other day they announced to matchups for the men’s ACC/BIG challenge And at the same time cancelled the women’s ACC/BIG challenge. Sounds like blatant discrimination to me. The ACC said the BIG was the one that cancelled it.
 #32636  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 am
So we know 4 ooc games according to CBR:
12-9 @ Cincinnati-Wednesday
12-15 @Alabama-Tuesday
12-19 @ Winthrop-Saturday
12-21 SC State-Monday
Coach said there were still 5 games to fill in the non conference which was surprising. I assume since they were part of an MTE that got cancelled they can still schedule 27 games? Said they were trying to fill those slots with D1 games but will fill with a couple of D2 games if it gets down to crunch time. Excited to hear about the progress and dedication of this team. Really looking forward to the season and hopefully getting to attend,
Roundball and 1 others liked this
 #32643  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:40 am
apaladin wrote:
12-15 @Alabama-Tuesday
12-21 SC State-Monday
Coach said there were still 5 games to fill in the non conference which was surprising. I assume since they were part of an MTE that got cancelled they can still schedule 27 games? Said they were trying to fill those slots with D1 games but will fill with a couple of D2 games if it gets down to crunch time. Excited to hear about the progress and dedication of this team. Really looking forward to the season and hopefully getting to attend,

Hats off to Richey and Donnelly, they are clearing trying everything imaginable to get us the best overall OOC schedule possible
apaladin liked this
 #32644  by CharlieFU
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:55 am
apaladin wrote:
12-15 @Alabama-Tuesday
12-21 SC State-Monday
I previously had the Cincy game for Dec 15. It got moved to 12/9?
 #32645  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:02 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:55 am
apaladin wrote:
12-15 @Alabama-Tuesday
12-21 SC State-Monday
I previously had the Cincy game for Dec 15. It got moved to 12/9?
He did say they had to shuffle some dates so I guess so.
 #32654  by furpop16
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:36 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
12-15 @Alabama-Tuesday
12-21 SC State-Monday

Hats off to Richey and Donnelly, they are clearing trying everything imaginable to get us the best overall OOC schedule possible

I noted CBR's stated wish to fill the five open games with D1's and fill-in with D2's, etc. as necessary. What I didn't hear him say was we needed to schedule the other-than-D1's to "work on things" as we have with past OOC schedules.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I sensed Coach is ready to give this team the gas right away. Can't wait.
 #32660  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:05 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:36 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
12-15 @Alabama-Tuesday
12-21 SC State-Monday

I noted CBR's stated wish to fill the five open games with D1's and fill-in with D2's, etc. as necessary. What I didn't hear him say was we needed to schedule the other-than-D1's to "work on things" as we have with past OOC schedules.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I sensed Coach is ready to give this team the gas right away. Can't wait.
Yep, I agree. He did say they wanted to be tested and wanted another high major, maybe 2. From his tone I suspect there won’t be much more to get excited about as far as the schedule goes. Still hopeful but I suspect we will see 2-3 non D1 games. You would think the 30 or so teams that ESPN left hanging could schedule each other but guess not.
furpop16 liked this
 #32672  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:09 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:10 am
Here is some good news! Kenpom rankings officially released last night.

Furman -79
Uncg -93
Wofford- 141
Chatt -156
Etsu- 169
Wcu -200
Mercer -211
Vmi-279
Sanford-327
Citadel -329

furpop16 liked this
 #32681  by furpop16
 Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:12 pm
Quite the referral:
Furman: The Paladins open the season No. 79 in KenPom's rankings, the highest Southern Conference team. The SoCon has made waves in recent years by producing at-large bid contenders such as East Tennessee State and UNC Greensboro in addition to Furman. The analytic rankings will be more important than ever for mid-major teams hoping to snag an at-large bid after limited opportunities for statement wins in nonconference play. If you're a fan of a mid-major, you better hope they perform well analytically and that postseason committees trust KenPom.
 #32686  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:56 pm
Roundball wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 pm
Anyone know the protocols he is talking about, besides limited attendance? "Charleston Southern will not sell tickets to home basketball games due to COVID-19'" https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... e85ca.html
I guess he may be taking the protocol literally. If you separate every person(pretty sure that’s not protocol) I could see only 44 peeps. If every person has to have six feet from the next person in every direction it would take many for the space to run out with only 800 seats. Again I don’t think that Is protocol.
 #32701  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:20 pm
Stadium has released an opening day schedule that is very long and includes most SoCon teams and Furman is not on the list. Not a good sign and if we do have a game come Nov. 25th I suspect it will be a local non D1 team. At this point I just want to see someone in purple competing. Been WAY too long.
Last edited by apaladin on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.