• The Citadel Waiver Approved!

#32583  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:56 pm
Thought all along in this crazy year they would get it. The NCAA is breaking all their own rules this year. Dont have to worry about an ooc game now.
 #32629  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:19 pm
DeepPurple wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:07 pm
We play by their rules, but they allow the citadel to play an extra game. It seems you get penalized for following the rules.
You do realize this is 2020, don’t you?

Rules & laws don’t exist anymore.

C’mon, Man!
apaladin, DeepPurple, gofurman and 1 others liked this
 #32630  by Roundball
 Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:38 pm
DeepPurple wrote:
We play by their rules, but they allow the citadel to play an extra game. It seems you get penalized for following the rules.
So, playing a football game against our rival is a penalty?
 #32631  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:51 pm
I’m glad they got the waiver. They did what we should have done. Play a few games, keep the players and fan base involved. Get the team some game experience, pocket a million plus and get ready for the spring.
Roundball liked this
 #32638  by DeepPurple
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:45 am
Roundball wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
I am glad we are playing them. I think our crowd can play with anyone. Just seems like you need to do what the people in charge say from the beginning, but like it has been said, 2020....no rules. Coach hurts your feelings, get in the transfer portal before you go to bed.
 #32639  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 am
DeepPurple wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
I am glad we are playing them. I think our crowd can play with anyone. Just seems like you need to do what the people in charge say from the beginning, but like it has been said, 2020....no rules. Coach hurts your feelings, get in the transfer portal before you go to bed.
We are better than the Citadel. We played our worst game of the year last year against them. We'll settle that this season.
 #32647  by Furmanoid
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 pm
Very happy about this. Going down to Charleston in April to watch us beat Citadel isn’t going to suck at all. We’ll likely eat some seafood, spend the night and get home in time to see the leaders tee off on the final round. Pretty nice weekend.
 #32655  by gofurman
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:49 pm
The Jackal wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
We are better than the Citadel. We played our worst game of the year last year against them. We'll settle that this season.
To me that's not the issue. The issue is that the NCAA is a bunch of pus***s. If you tell your kid not to do X and they do X (in this case, play 12 games) well, PUNISH THEM DAMIT. I guess in this era and society you can't punish anyone - even at the Citadel where they talk all "Honor and Duty and shit.." Is it Honorable to break the rules and just be given a pass??????? Hell naw. That's weak azz shizzle.
 #32657  by Roundball
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:37 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
To me that's not the issue. The issue is that the NCAA is a bunch of pus***s. If you tell your kid not to do X and they do X (in this case, play 12 games) well, PUNISH THEM DAMIT. I guess in this era and society you can't punish anyone - even at the Citadel where they talk all "Honor and Duty and shit.." Is it Honorable to break the rules and just be given a pass??????? Hell naw. That's weak azz shizzle.
Your language. My goodness. Just get over it already. Be glad that we get to play our rival.
Last edited by Roundball on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #32658  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:04 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
C’mon GF - they’re already imprisoned at that sand-flea infested swamp & and will have to spend the rest of their lives living down being bellhops, while pretending to be proud of it. Hard to punish them any further than what they’re already enduring.
 #32678  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:43 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:37 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
Roundball wrote:
DeepPurple wrote:
Your language. My goodness. Just get over it already. Be glad that we get to play our rival.
Is this for real? It isn't about playing our rival.. it's that no one is held accountable for anything in this society anymore. Break the rules? Just get a waiver -it's the new age California rules / 2000s ! That don't fly at my house. You have rules for.. a .. reason. Choose to break em' you get the penalty. Well, you should.

And I thought it especially IRONIC that the "stated" school of "HONOR, DUTY AND RESPECT" - that is their stated core value (and what they wear on their football jerseys) - is not RESPECTING the rules??

Where is the HONOR in that?

Do they not have a DUTY to obey rules? At a military school? That just reeks of irony to me. And that the NCAA is crap.
 #32697  by soconjohn
 Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:31 am
Honestly,
I like the fact this game is being played...It should be...It's also the 100th meeting...As for the NCAA, they never really stick to what they say...It doesn't bother me though...I expect that from them.
Last edited by soconjohn on Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roundball, apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.