• Tip-Off is Nov. 28th

#32563  by CharlieFU
 Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:12 pm
Wofford has announced its OOC schedule.

If we have ANY non SoCon games at home, I’m guessing none of us get to attend in person. Furman not currently letting visitors on campus. Do not see that changing anytime soon.
 #32566  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:40 am
FYI WC has 4 home and 3 away.
Home: Brewton-Parker, Carver, NC Central and Coastal Carolina.
Away: PC, SC and Texas A&M.
Surprised to see S.C. on their schedule.
 #32568  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:34 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:12 pm
Wofford has announced its OOC schedule.

If we have ANY non SoCon games at home, I’m guessing none of us get to attend in person. Furman not currently letting visitors on campus. Do not see that changing anytime soon.
IMHO we won’t have any games at Timmons until after the first of the year if then. Still think if there are any ooc home games they will be at the Well. If that happens I would say 2 max. Then again what’s the point of playing Southern Wesleyan at the Well? The cancellation of the MTE’s should have left FU with one game to fill. On the other hand there will be no students the entire first half of the season so why not play at Timmons? You could open up Timmons but I don’t see that happening.
 #32584  by soconjohn
 Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 pm
I know fans will be allowed at football games, however, with basketball...I am not sure how that will be handled...I know the tournament is going forward as planned with fans being a part of what is a great weekend of basketball....But then again, football and the tournament are much later than November and December.
 #32585  by purplehorse
 Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:37 pm
I would much rather be at all the home games. But most importantly just want to make sure the season takes place for many many reasons. Among other things, we are going to be very good. Hope all will be on ESPN3 or whatever. At least we should get to “see” the games.
 #32598  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:12 pm
SC Coach Martin said they can play a total of 27 games. If they play exhibtion or practice game it counts agaisnt the 27. If they play too many OOC and games get Conf Games get canx then they dont have room to sched make up games

He said that it favors playing just 1 exhibition game with a local school but thats it
 #32601  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:38 pm
Sad Din wrote:
SC Coach Martin said they can play a total of 27 games. If they play exhibtion or practice game it counts agaisnt the 27. If they play too many OOC and games get Conf Games get canx then they dont have room to sched make up games

He said that it favors playing just 1 exhibition game with a local school but thats it
Say what?
 #32602  by Roundball
 Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:03 pm
Sad Din wrote:

Unless the rules have changed, no exhibitions or scrimmages are allowed.
 #32604  by Sad Din
 Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:35 pm
Believe thats only prior to the 25th. Martin said they were allowed by they count as the max games they can play

The Division I Council approved moving the first contest date in Division I men’s and women’s basketball to Nov. 25 for the 2020-21 season.

No exhibition games or closed scrimmages will be allowed before that date. Moving the start date back from Nov. 10 is intended to have contests begin when at least three-quarters of Division I schools will have concluded their fall terms or moved remaining instruction and exams online, creating a more controlled and less populated campus environment that may reduce the risk of COVID-19 that can occur between student-athletes and the broader student body population, the Division I Men’s and Women’s Oversight Committees said.
 #32609  by Roundball
 Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:13 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:35 pm
Believe thats only prior to the 25th. Martin said they were allowed by they count as the max games they can play

The Division I Council approved moving the first contest date in Division I men’s and women’s basketball to Nov. 25 for the 2020-21 season.

No exhibition games or closed scrimmages will be allowed before that date. Moving the start date back from Nov. 10 is intended to have contests begin when at least three-quarters of Division I schools will have concluded their fall terms or moved remaining instruction and exams online, creating a more controlled and less populated campus environment that may reduce the risk of COVID-19 that can occur between student-athletes and the broader student body population, the Division I Men’s and Women’s Oversight Committees said.
You might be right, but this is where I got my info. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ason-start