• Tip-Off is Nov. 28th

#32478  by Monday
 Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:32 pm
Monday wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:17 am
I guess this was just making too much sense. Norlander alludes to Disney lawyers gumming up the works.

Not. A. Surprise.

Also, different conferences having different protocols. NCAA went through this with football and they still felt no reason to step in with some guidance? Bunch of screw-ups.
NCAA has no say so in FBS football. That is why FBS is playing. If the NCAA had anything to do with it FBS would not be playing.
I notice you didn't correct me about them being a bunch of screw ups.
 #32500  by CharlieFU
 Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:23 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:27 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:39 pm
Orlando tourneys officially canceled. https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ocol-spat/
Gosh damn this is frustrating! "disagreements over testing protocols". What a bunch of morons at these schools. If ESPN wants to have more stringent testing then DO-IT-THEIR-WAY if you want to play. The players are the ones that get screwed when the adults have too many opinions.

Too many lawyer types getting in the way.
"Lawyer types?" Hmm....
Flagman liked this
 #32509  by Flagman
 Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm
It's there: below Liberty, and above Clemson.

It doesn't say if it's in Greenville or Orangeburg.
 #32524  by FurmAlum
 Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:23 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:27 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:39 pm
Orlando tourneys officially canceled. https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ocol-spat/
Gosh damn this is frustrating! "disagreements over testing protocols". What a bunch of morons at these schools. If ESPN wants to have more stringent testing then DO-IT-THEIR-WAY if you want to play. The players are the ones that get screwed when the adults have too many opinions.

Too many lawyer types getting in the way.
"Lawyer types?" Hmm....
UhOh...sorry Charlie. Wanna here my lawyer joke?
 #32525  by apaladin
 Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 pm
I’m beginning to think with the Furman campus still closed there will not be any ooc home games at Timmons. Outside chance there could be one at the Well but that is very doubtful. Conference games in Timmons are a big question mark. Students will not be there for almost half the conference games even if there are some at Timmons.
 #32542  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 am
Bulletin Board Material from ESPN
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... -win-title

"Anonymous coaches size up the mid-majors"
Jeff Borzello spoke to mid-major coaches about their expectations for this group in 2020-21.

"I think UNCG has a little more to them [than Furman]. They're tough. They make teams one-dimensional. They're handsy, they're physical, they're athletic. They physically and athletically overwhelm most of the teams in the league. That zone press is death by 1,000 cuts. You get over the line with 22 seconds left [on the shot clock], can't run your s---. You need guys to go break them down. I think losing Jordan Lyons will hurt Furman. He was kind of their only shot-maker. Furman hasn't been the same in the [SoCon] tournament. They put you in tough situations because of the Princeton [offense], they're opportunistic in transition, but they're so 3-point-heavy. Can they do it three nights in a row?"

"The SoCon has good basketball programs that invest in men's hoops. Facility wise, salaries for coaches, charter flights. It's a hoops league. It's also programs with tradition. Almost half the league has won at least a game in the NCAA tournament. We've got coaches who understand the job they're at and play a style and recruit accordingly."
 #32545  by apaladin
 Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:24 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 am
Bulletin Board Material from ESPN
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... -win-title

"Anonymous coaches size up the mid-majors"
Jeff Borzello spoke to mid-major coaches about their expectations for this group in 2020-21.

"I think UNCG has a little more to them [than Furman]. They're tough. They make teams one-dimensional. They're handsy, they're physical, they're athletic. They physically and athletically overwhelm most of the teams in the league. That zone press is death by 1,000 cuts. You get over the line with 22 seconds left [on the shot clock], can't run your s---. You need guys to go break them down. I think losing Jordan Lyons will hurt Furman. He was kind of their only shot-maker. Furman hasn't been the same in the [SoCon] tournament. They put you in tough situations because of the Princeton [offense], they're opportunistic in transition, but they're so 3-point-heavy. Can they do it three nights in a row?"

"The SoCon has good basketball programs that invest in men's hoops. Facility wise, salaries for coaches, charter flights. It's a hoops league. It's also programs with tradition. Almost half the league has won at least a game in the NCAA tournament. We've got coaches who understand the job they're at and play a style and recruit accordingly."
That last paragraph is interesting. Good to see that the SoCon is an official mid- major. I guess the other 15 or so conferences such as the Big South, MEAC, Summit etc are considered low-majors.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by FUATT

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:38 pm

User avatar TV

by MNORM

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

Default Avatar WCU at Montana

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.