• Week 1

#3153  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:05 pm
A couple of eye poppers. Rhode Island beats Delaware, who many had as a top 15 team. Maine is running New Hampshire off the field. UNH was considered a top 10 team.

Those are good results for Furman as it saddles some of the top teams in the CAA with early losses. Furman may well move up in the rankings even with a loss to Clemson.
Athlon had New Hampshire ranked #3 & Maine unranked.
HERO Sports had them #7 and Maine unranked.
Jasper liked this
 #3166  by Flagman
 Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:47 pm
ESPN+ has 55 college football games this weekend alone and this is just the first week. Can't beat it for $5.00 a month. They also have lots of other sports including one MLB game a day. This is a great deal.
Let me know how many of those 55 games you watch?
 #3220  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:51 pm
Wofford up 21-0 on the Citadel early in the 2nd Q.

The Bulldogs look horrific, frankly.
 #3223  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:48 pm
Woffy up 21-14 now early the 3rd.
WCU struggling with Newberry 19-17 at half.
 #3225  by AstroDin
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:58 pm
giving my espn+ a workout… watching Elon, The battle of the Dogs, WC/Newberry.

I'm not sure what to think of Woffy - cause The Citadel looks really slow on defense and not much quicker on offense.

Elon is pretty methodical - on the first Elon drive, I was thinking - ok they look pretty good and then USF quickly put the brakes on they're running attack.

Western — not overly impressed.

I see Mercer is getting its butt kicked by Memphis - 35-0 in the 2nd.
 #3227  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:14 pm
AstroDin wrote:

I'm not sure what to think of Woffy - cause The Citadel looks really slow on defense and not much quicker on offense.

Elon is pretty methodical - on the first Elon drive, I was thinking - ok they look pretty good and then USF quickly put the brakes on they're running attack.

I'm holding my nose and rooting for the Citadel to give Wofford an early season conference loss.
AstroDin liked this
 #3228  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:21 pm
AstroDin wrote:

Love ESPN+. Can't believe we can get all these games for $5 a month. Like you I am having fun switching around to different games.
 #3229  by AstroDin
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

Love ESPN+. Can't believe we can get all these games for $5 a month. Like you I am having fun switching around to different games.
my wife is not a fan :D
 #3230  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:38 pm
Cit and Wofford are tied up at 21. The Citadel can't tackle and Wofford keeps giving them new life.

Mercer is getting crushed by Memphis.

VMI is getting less crushed by Toledo.

WCU struggling with Newberry and ETSU is struggling with Mars Hill.

Pretty ugly day for SoCon football. However, this conference is going to be wide open for us.
 #3231  by youwouldno
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 pm
Rather poor showing by Mercer to be down 56-0 at half against a mid-major FBS team. Memphis is pretty good but, for reference, the Massey prediction was 48-17.
 #3233  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

Last year you got all these games for free on ESPN3 or SDN.
bj93 liked this
 #3235  by Flagman
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:21 pm
Wofford-citadel was on a local station. Strange broadcast. No announcers, just crowd noise and PA announcer. Elon was on ESPN3, as was Mercer, and VMI.
 #3240  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 pm
Updates:
WCU 33 Newberry 26 Final
Toledo 63 VMI 3 4th
Memphis 59 Mercer 0 4th
ETSU 7 Mars Hill 7 3rd
Our score doesn't look that bad, LOL.

Forgot WC beat Citadel 28-21. Citadel had the ball on the WC 5 when the Citadel QB threw 3 straight incomplete passes in the last minute, including one that should have been intercepted and one when he missed a wide open receiver. Don't understand why they didn't just run it.
 #3242  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:46 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 pm
Updates:
WCU 33 Newberry 26 Final
Toledo 63 VMI 3 4th
Memphis 59 Mercer 0 4th
ETSU 7 Mars Hill 7 3rd
Our score doesn't look that bad, LOL.

Forgot WC beat Citadel 28-21. Citadel had the ball on the WC 5 when the Citadel QB threw 3 straight incomplete passes in the last minute, including one that should have been intercepted and one when he missed a wide open receiver. Don't understand why they didn't just run it.
25 second, no timeouts, and on the five-yard line.

You probably don't have enough time to run multiple run plays. None of those passing plays looked good though. They weren't even close to being completed.