• 2001 NC Game

#31911  by Roundball
 Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:00 am
This is a tweet yesterday from Montana football. I was there. We had the better team. BJ should have played the freshman tailbacks more and we would have won. Still hard to believe we didn’t score until the last play of the game.
AstroDin liked this
 #32037  by Stumpy
 Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:13 pm
I think that's the game where we managed to put together a "prize package" for a couple of Furman students to get them to the game. That was the most fun I ever had with this site.
apaladin, FUBeAR, Flagman and 2 others liked this
 #32042  by gofurman
 Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:59 pm
HYPOTHETICALLY, I have the ball from that game in my closet.. Shhh. I was watching the last play and then they put the ball down... everyone ran on the field and it was just there. HYPOTHETICALLY

Probably my fav win - or top 5 anyway. Beating UNC etc.

DAMN Losing to Montana hurt, I will N E V E R understand why (after watching the 1st half) we kept running Louis Ivory - he wasn't near ready and the other backs had carried us past GSU. Bobby J was one of our best coaches ever but that was a decision I will never understand
 #32108  by MetroMizzy
 Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:51 pm
That was a fun playoff run. HYPOTHETICALLY, I may have had two kegs open and flowing at North Village at 7AM for those two home playoff games. HYPOTHETICALLY.

Napier played great in the GSU semi final game. Didn't go to it. I think it was over Thanksgiving Break? But remember watching it on TV.

Ended up flying up to the NC with about 15 other baseball players. We were definitely better than Montana but that game plan to play Lou didn't make sense.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.