• Not a good sign for OOC games

#32031  by Roundball
 Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:09 am
“Pandemic forces The Citadel to push big-money basketball games to next season.” https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 72973.html

I have a feeling the MB Invitational will be completely canceled. At this point, I just hope we play a SoCon schedule, in front of fans. It is concerning that Furman still has not opened the campus to the general public. That could mean no fans at Timmons. Has JD mentioned anything about playing our home games at The Well?
 #32032  by Furmanoid
 Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:44 am
If it’s too dangerous for people to sit in half empty outdoor stadiums, how could it be safe for any number of people sit in an indoor arena? The numbers in SC are so low now that with the incentives for diagnosing Covid and the high incidence of honest false positive tests, it may not be possible for them go much lower unless the virus just disappears. And it’s still too dangerous to sit outside unless you are at a high school game where it’s safe. I just hope HS arenas are also safe because we just built a new one and our girls are going for an SC4A five-peat.

All kidding aside I think the news people will start losing interest in the virus in mid November. They’ll be back on climate change by December, and the coast will be clear for college hoops to proceed pretty normally. Fauci et al will still be running to any mike they can find to warn us, but their every utterance won’t be reported anymore. They will have served their purpose.
 #32046  by Roundball
 Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:33 am
In the latest podcast, Coach Richey says the Louisville game is off the table. Evidently, several December games are gone too. Coach says it's a struggle to get to a 27 game schedule. Still no word from the pathetic SoCon. We need to get out of that sorry conference. I will say it again, I remain skeptical of watching any games at Timmons. Hope I'm wrong.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a ... 0493288512
 #32053  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:34 pm
Did I hear him say that St. Bonaventure was a home game? Here we are less than 8 weeks from tip-off and the SoCon is giving no info. Why can’t they just come out and say, we are planning on playing an 18 game conference schedule in January and a February. How hard would that be? Don’t have to put out a schedule but just let everyone know so they can schedule accordingly. With the Orlando tourney being 3 games that only leaves 6 ooc games to schedule. CBR said he is still hopeful for the Cincy and Alabama games. I was not a big fan of Imamoron but this new commissioner seems to be just as bad as far as communication goes. SoCon needs to get its act together. C’mon man it’s not that hard.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by rangab

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Default Avatar starting lineup projection

by furpop16

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:58 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:53 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.