• Lunch And Learn Returns

#31857  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 pm
Set the record today with over 300 peeps. Interesting when CCH was talking about and praising the people he works with there was no mention of ED. :shock:
 #31858  by bj93
 Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:19 pm
For those of us who couldn't listen, what was said of import? Is it archived anywhere?
 #31867  by cavedweller2
 Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:45 pm
Are they going to bring back free concessions?
freebird liked this
 #31870  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:03 pm
bj93 wrote:
For those of us who couldn't listen, what was said of import? Is it archived anywhere?
Nothing earth shattering. Pretty sure will play in spring. Hope to have a schedule from SoCon soon but you are talking about the SoCon. Talked to Clempson about taking Citadels spot but that didn’t work out. Will practice 15 times in 34 days this fall, prolly start week of 10/4. Start back in January, first game prolly mid-Feb. He also said should not be a problem starting fall season on time in 2021 assuming there will be one. Stanford Jennings looked good.
QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #31872  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:03 pm
apaladin wrote:
bj93 wrote:
Nothing earth shattering. Pretty sure will play in spring. Hope to have a schedule from SoCon soon but you are talking about the SoCon. Talked to Clempson about taking Citadels spot but that didn’t work out. Will practice 15 times in 34 days this fall, prolly start week of 10/4. Start back in January, first game prolly mid-Feb. He also said should not be a problem starting fall season on time in 2021 assuming there will be one. Stanford Jennings looked good.
Standiford Jenkins ALWAYS looks good, which makes him feel good, which makes him play good, which makes him WIN. That’s how that works.

Surprised FUBeAR when he was asked to talk about his most memorable game at FU. Fully expected him to say @ South Carolina in ‘82 or @ GT in ‘83 ...but, nope, he called out @ Appy in ‘82. Mentioned their Captains refused to shake our Captains hands & it was really a ‘no love lost’ game that we came back from down 2 scores (behind came-off-the-bench True Freshman, Bobby Lamb, which Stan mentioned) to win a war!

Also one of FUBeAR’s most memorable games as FUBeAR & the Appy DLman across from him both were flagged for Unsportsmanlike Conduct BEFORE the 1st snap of the game. NEVER ‘greet’ FUBeAR 5 yards on his side of the LOS as he’s breaking the huddle or ur just gonna have to get HIT! Coach Sheridan made FUBeAR pay a-plenty, later, for that transgression, but surprisingly didn’t snatch me out. He didn’t like them Appy’s much either.

The play that Stan mentioned, I had forgotten, but it was a key play. Game was winding down & we had a 1 score lead (27-21), but the Appy’s picked off a pass. Big mistake by that Appy DB. He started a nice return, but then he ran into THE hardest hitting Paladin, ol #27 (Stanford) CRUSHED him & separated him from the ball, which we recovered to clinch the win. Pretty sure that Appy survived, but doubt he ever wanted to put the pads on again...at least not if Stanford Jennings was on the opposing Team.

Man, I just thought of several other really interesting ‘events’ around that game...definitely memorable.

Glad 27 called it out & I tuned into the Lunch & Learn - Thanks Dan, Coach Hendrix, and Stanford!!!
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
GOAT, QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #31876  by The Jackal
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:47 am
apaladin wrote:
bj93 wrote:

I forgot where I read this, but I think the teams playing in the spring cannot also have a typical spring football practice, which makes sense.

What I presume is that for this year, the fall becomes the spring (15 practices in 34 days) and the spring becomes the fall (football season).
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #31880  by tim
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
bj93 wrote:
Standiford Jenkins ALWAYS looks good, which makes him feel good, which makes him play good, which makes him WIN. That’s how that works.

Surprised FUBeAR when he was asked to talk about his most memorable game at FU. Fully expected him to say @ South Carolina in ‘82 or @ GT in ‘83 ...but, nope, he called out @ Appy in ‘82. Mentioned their Captains refused to shake our Captains hands & it was really a ‘no love lost’ game that we came back from down 2 scores (behind came-off-the-bench True Freshman, Bobby Lamb, which Stan mentioned) to win a war!

Also one of FUBeAR’s most memorable games as FUBeAR & the Appy DLman across from him both were flagged for Unsportsmanlike Conduct BEFORE the 1st snap of the game. NEVER ‘greet’ FUBeAR 5 yards on his side of the LOS as he’s breaking the huddle or ur just gonna have to get HIT! Coach Sheridan made FUBeAR pay a-plenty, later, for that transgression, but surprisingly didn’t snatch me out. He didn’t like them Appy’s much either.

The play that Stan mentioned, I had forgotten, but it was a key play. Game was winding down & we had a 1 score lead (27-21), but the Appy’s picked off a pass. Big mistake by that Appy DB. He started a nice return, but then he ran into THE hardest hitting Paladin, ol #27 (Stanford) CRUSHED him & separated him from the ball, which we recovered to clinch the win. Pretty sure that Appy survived, but doubt he ever wanted to put the pads on again...at least not if Stanford Jennings was on the opposing Team.

Man, I just thought of several other really interesting ‘events’ around that game...definitely memorable.

Glad 27 called it out & I tuned into the Lunch & Learn - Thanks Dan, Coach Hendrix, and Stanford!!!
I was at that game and really enjoyed the ride back home. A scary Furman injury though, if I don't have the years mixed up, maybe to Wright? Sheridan got raging made at the refs, I forgot why? I think a fumble was called on a long Furman run. Oh well, thanks for the memories.
 #31881  by MidlandsPaladin
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Saw on Twitter that it was mentioned citadel will be ineligible for the SoCon championship because the maximum number of games a team can play this year is 11, and since they are playing four this Spring they will not be able to play a complete slate of SoCon games in the Spring. Can someone confirm this? Supposedly CH mentioned this...
 #31882  by gman84
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:01 pm
tim wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
bj93 wrote:

I was at that game and really enjoyed the ride back home. A scary Furman injury though, if I don't have the years mixed up, maybe to Wright? Sheridan got raging made at the refs, I forgot why? I think a fumble was called on a long Furman run. Oh well, thanks for the memories.
Sheridan only got raging mad. Never a question about how mad. ;)
tim liked this
 #31883  by aqualung
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:56 pm
tim wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
bj93 wrote:

Tim you are correct. D. Wright my roomie broke his leg in that game and quickly earned his redshirt. My most vivid memory of that game was in the locker room at halftime. Think we were down 14-0. The prior week we played bad against NC State and lost 26-0. This was the 2nd game of my senior year and I remember all of the seniors just livid that the season was off to this kind of start. Stan mentioned this yesterday in his comments about the "ALWAYS EXPECTING to WIN" culture that C. Sheridan bred in us. I recall a one G. McEachran and B. Hall slapping some culture into several underclassmen. We just could not stand losing.
tim, FUBeAR liked this
 #31884  by The Jackal
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:00 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Saw on Twitter that it was mentioned citadel will be ineligible for the SoCon championship because the maximum number of games a team can play this year is 11, and since they are playing four this Spring they will not be able to play a complete slate of SoCon games in the Spring. Can someone confirm this? Supposedly CH mentioned this...

We were discussing this on the other thread.

There is still a good bit that needs to be determined, but it would seem like the Citadel will need some sort of waiver or permission to play a complete SoCon schedule.

Just as an aside, Furman and the Citadel, I believe, have played every year since 1946. So, if the Citadel does not play a SoCon schedule this spring, it will be historically significant.
 #31885  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:45 pm
aqualung wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:56 pm
tim wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
bj93 wrote:

Tim you are correct. D. Wright my roomie broke his leg in that game and quickly earned his redshirt. My most vivid memory of that game was in the locker room at halftime. Think we were down 14-0. The prior week we played bad against NC State and lost 26-0. This was the 2nd game of my senior year and I remember all of the seniors just livid that the season was off to this kind of start. Stan mentioned this yesterday in his comments about the "ALWAYS EXPECTING to WIN" culture that C. Sheridan bred in us. I recall a one G. McEachran and B. Hall slapping some culture into several underclassmen. We just could not stand losing.
Yeah - those are some of the “Events” I meant. Those 2 (44 & 53) may have been loving up and providing encouragement to their Defensive Teammates. Meanwhile, King of All RAGE, Sluggo, was (NOT) peacefully discussing varying gender roles and certain internal organ deficiencies with the entire Offense. I’m not sure the Coaches ever even entered that locker room at Halftime - they may have been skeered to.

And, the memorable thing about the ugly injury for FUBeAR is that I was downfield blocking...heading toward the Appy bench angle-wise...looked down and saw #12’s leg...or what once looked like a leg...and his now bright red sock...and just kept on going off the sideline - theirs. I couldn’t look at it or even get near it. So, I spent the long delay hanging out pretty much on Appy’s bench...wasn’t going to cross back over until they got him into the ambulance. They were no friendlier during that long interlude than they had been pre-game. Talkin’ junk, laughing about 12’s injury, tellin’ me to get back on my own side, tellin’ me I was next, etc. I wasn’t budging...so I just let ‘em know, quite frequently, just how loyal I was to FU...so to speak. Probably paid tribute to my alma mater 100 times during that 20-30 minute session.

It was really some kind of game!
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #31886  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:23 pm
My then, now ex graduated from SC so that was a great ride home after the game. I coulda walked home and never touched the ground. Regarding Citadel CCH said there were a couple of SoCon schools that voted against playing in the fall that are playing In the fall. 😳 He also said it’s possible a couple of schools will not play in the spring. If we don’t play a full 8 game schedule he said FU could play an ooc game. He said the SoCon needs to set a date for schools to say they are playing or not. Schedule needs to be set ASAP.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.