• Prayers for Dr John Block and Family

#31746  by CharlieFU
 Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am
I just learned that two of Dr Block's grandsons were injured in a car accident earlier this week. One of them is in bad shape in the hospital here in Greenville.

I posted this here as Dr Block is a big supporter of our basketball program; he and his wife rarely miss a game. The older fans may recall he did bball radio commentary back in the day. Very close to Coach Richey and the program.

Prayers up.
GOAT, dornb liked this
 #31747  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am
I just learned that two of Dr Block's grandsons were injured in a car accident earlier this week. One of them is in bad shape in the hospital here in Greenville.

I posted this here as Dr Block is a big supporter of our basketball program; he and his wife rarely miss a game. The older fans may recall he did bball radio commentary back in the day. Very close to Coach Richey and the program.

Prayers up.
Dr. Block has always been a GREAT supporter of ALL Furman sports and, even more importantly, a GREAT supporter of ALL Furman Student Athletes for many, many years.

DEFINITELY Prayin’ up for these young men & the family!!!
 #31758  by cavedweller2
 Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 am
He is also an outstanding Professor of History.
FUBeAR, QCGlue, GOAT and 1 others liked this
 #31770  by furpep
 Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:05 pm
One of my favorite professors here at Furman. First semester freshman year back in 1971 I answered a question correctly and he gave me the nickname "Ducats." To this very day he still calls me that and when I see him he will always be called "Dr. Block." Fine man, lovely family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.
FUBeAR liked this
 #31785  by FurmAlum
 Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 pm
One of my favorite profs at FU, too.

I would also like to mention my former golf teammate Jasper "Jay" Huff of Greenville died a couple weeks ago after a 16 year battle with brain cancer. Jay played on 3 FU SoCon Championship golf teams '75,'76,and '77. He was also an assistant golf pro at Greenville Country Club back in the late '70's and early '80's. He was one of the finest human beings on God's green earth.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by FUATT

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:38 pm

User avatar TV

by MNORM

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

Default Avatar WCU at Montana

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.