• My thoughts

#31055  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:48 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:47 pm
Go Rebels!
Are you actually referring to the LandSharkBlackBears of the SEC?
 #31059  by Furmanoid
 Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:50 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Go Rebels!
I received my MS from the University of Mississippi in 1985. I lived down the street from William Faulkner’s house. I love Oxford and Ole Miss. It was way more fun than Furman. The Black Bear bullsh$t is an unfortunate manifestation of pointy headed intellectualism at its worst. The image of Colonel Rebel is now banned! Total Nazism. But when last I was in the Grove, defiant Mississippians displayed Colonel Rebel everywhere. I was able to get black market t shirts for my children. And yes, the band played Dixie.

Hotty Toddy
Godamighty
Who da Hell are we?
Flim flam
Bim bam
Ole Miss by Damn!

Beat Auburn!
 #31060  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:21 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:50 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Go Rebels!
I received my MS from the University of Mississippi in 1985. I lived down the street from William Faulkner’s house. I love Oxford and Ole Miss. It was way more fun than Furman. The Black Bear bullsh$t is an unfortunate manifestation of pointy headed intellectualism at its worst. The image of Colonel Rebel is now banned! Total Nazism. But when last I was in the Grove, defiant Mississippians displayed Colonel Rebel everywhere. I was able to get black market t shirts for my children. And yes, the band played Dixie.

Hotty Toddy
Godamighty
Who da Hell are we?
Flim flam
Bim bam
Ole Miss by Damn!

Beat Auburn!
Little Miss FUBeAR spent 2 years in Oxford availing her tuition sponsor of the in-state tuition benefits provided by the Education Common Market. But when majoring in Forensic Chemistry became a secondary priority, behind her real-world major in Greek Life, a transfer to UGa became a requirement.

She & FUBeAR loved it there. Reminded me of a smaller private school (FU, Mercer, Samford-ish), but with kinda-sorta-SEC scale. Didn’t mind getting her back closer to home, but I sure enjoyed those weekends in Oxford more than the ones in Athens.

#HottyToddy
 #31061  by Furmanoid
 Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:28 pm
Looking forward to Kiffen vs Leach Egg Bowl. If the commies shut that down, it’s time to evacuate.
 #31126  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:41 pm
Thought you might like this, Furmanoid. It popped up on my “Facebook Memories” from 4 years ago today. This was Little Miss FUBeAR’s Farewell Post to her Ole Miss peeps...

“As most people know already and it is bittersweet for me to post this: I will not be returning to the University of Mississippi this fall. Although I have loved Oxford and Ole Miss with all my heart since the first time I visited, life is taking me on a different path now.

I will be attending the University of North Georgia this fall and I have recently just been accepted to attend the University of Georgia for the spring semester! GO DAWGS!! I'm so excited to attend school with some of my oldest friends and also to see what Athens has in store for me.

I'm going to miss all the friends I have made at Ole Miss so incredibly much. And I will cherish every memory I have made there in the last 2 years. There's nothing quite like the quaint city of Oxford, The Grove on game day, or the amazing people you meet there. The University of Mississippi will always hold a special place in my heart. I want to give a shout out to the Nu Beta chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi for giving me a home away from home and relationships with real friends that I can never replace, and teaching me the true meaning of sisterhood and how important it is. Ole Miss helped me grow and mature so much as a person and I'm definitely a different person now than I was before I went there (in a good way). Thank you for everything Ox!! All that being said, I will forever be a rebel but for now I'm a dawg. Hotty Toddy and Go Dawgs!“
 #31129  by Furmanoid
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:18 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:41 pm
Thought you might like this, Furmanoid. It popped up on my “Facebook Memories” from 4 years ago today. This was Little Miss FUBeAR’s Farewell Post to her Ole Miss peeps...

“As most people know already and it is bittersweet for me to post this: I will not be returning to the University of Mississippi this fall. Although I have loved Oxford and Ole Miss with all my heart since the first time I visited, life is taking me on a different path now.

I will be attending the University of North Georgia this fall and I have recently just been accepted to attend the University of Georgia for the spring semester! GO DAWGS!! I'm so excited to attend school with some of my oldest friends and also to see what Athens has in store for me.

I'm going to miss all the friends I have made at Ole Miss so incredibly much. And I will cherish every memory I have made there in the last 2 years. There's nothing quite like the quaint city of Oxford, The Grove on game day, or the amazing people you meet there. The University of Mississippi will always hold a special place in my heart. I want to give a shout out to the Nu Beta chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi for giving me a home away from home and relationships with real friends that I can never replace, and teaching me the true meaning of sisterhood and how important it is. Ole Miss helped me grow and mature so much as a person and I'm definitely a different person now than I was before I went there (in a good way). Thank you for everything Ox!! All that being said, I will forever be a rebel but for now I'm a dawg. Hotty Toddy and Go Dawgs!“
Forced her to leave Ole Miss. Well I hope you’re proud of yourself.
 #31130  by soconjohn
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:17 pm
I'll never quit on these student-athletes...I didn't go to Furman, but Furman is where I grew up...It's home...It's Greenville...You other negative Nancys can go watch some over-hyped SEC program that's never going to win anything more than Furman has already won for all I care...Quitting on student athletes when there are things out of their control is unacceptable...Furman is more than the present, it's a past and a future...Get y'all's minds right....Here's something that Nostradamus or Jesus can confirm as an accurate prophecy...South Carolina and Ole Miss definitely aren't winning national titles in revenue sports before armageddon...I can guarantee that's as accurate as the coming of the anti-christ predicted in revelation....But go on, please support those awesome beacons of winning traditions....So, Furman will always have more football national titles than either....No matter if Methusalah lived his life over three times again...You might as well go support Sewanee,...They were unbeatable a century ago, and have probably won more than SC or Ole Miss ever will in the league.
Last edited by soconjohn on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roundball, Affirm liked this
 #31134  by Furmanoid
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:20 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:21 pm
Sorry if that was a bit too harsh :D
Cut back on the booze Soconjohn. Indeed the Rebels won’t be winning any more national championships. But they are up 2 on FU and since it looks like Armageddon is pretty much here, I don’t like the Paladins chances of catching them.
soconjohn liked this
 #31136  by soconjohn
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:52 pm
And the Ole Miss and SC comments weren't that serious...But I don't think you should give up on a program just because something goes wrong every once and a while...We live in an imperfect world...The easy way out is easy for a reason....I wish Furman still had baseball, too...I am pissed about football as well, and that Furman isn't playing, but no one is as upset as the kids are...That's why I write...I want to promote them...They are Division I athletes and good students...They deserve as much pub as I or anyone can give them...That makes it "real" to me...It's not all about Ws and Ls...We all love the Ws, but it's all a process....Seeing a young man or woman get a degree and go out into the world is the real W...Not some administrative decision.
Affirm liked this
 #31138  by Furmanoid
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:42 pm
I’m just giving up on them for the Fall 2020 season. I’m actually working myself up to get excited about winter football. A snow game is possible!
 #31139  by soconjohn
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:11 pm
Oh I am sorry, Furmanoid...lol...I thought you and Cavedweller were leaving forever...This season is a wash...I hate that, but I think better days are ahead.
 #31140  by soconjohn
 Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:12 pm
I actually think Ole Miss has some of the best uniforms in college football if I am honest.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.