• Justin Fields Petiton- Please sign

#30927  by FU3
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:24 pm
My dog barks at the moon as well. This isn’t going to do a thing. It will be a minor miracle if the remaining teams get 3 or 4 games in before they are shut down. For Furman our only chance is Spring football.
 #30928  by apaladin
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:41 pm
100k in just a few hours. Facts are ignored. Covid has little to no effect on 20 year olds. The average age of death via Covid is 78. Doctors say this not me. Worst case scenario is feeling bad a couple of days, most not even that. Safer for them to be playing than not. In addition to this Big10 parents are sending letters to let them play. #wewanttoplay
 #30932  by Furmanoid
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:06 pm
I don’t know FU3. Look how easily a few people and some Korean bot farms can take to twitter and terrify companies into doing silly things. If this petition goes into millions (which I doubt) OSU, Nebraska, Iowa and Penn State might be allowed to play. That’s all people want. The collapse of FCS has left lots of holes in schedules.

This is about allowing adults to do something they want to do. This isn’t tricking little children into doing something dangerous. Don’t worry. FU sports have been successfully derailed along with a whole division that may not recover. You won that one.
apaladin liked this
 #30934  by FU3
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:26 pm
I won what ? I didn’t decide anything.. these schools and conferences made calls based on what they thought were in their best interests. You and your fellow traveler apaladin believe that the whole world is taking unprecedented actions because they watch CNN or MSNBC and want to take Trump down ... that is some power that would have them wreck their own economies. I really don’t know if shutting football down is the right answer or not. The people that made these decisions were faced with a tough call and they made it. But by all means keep offering simplistic ideas on how to have sports continue and your deep thoughts on epidemiology.
 #30942  by apaladin
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:08 pm
Over 200k in less than a day. It won’t change the politically motivated Big10 decision but at least it shows how many peeps are pissed. FWIW SC had the lowest number of cases in weeks, just over 500 and an 11 percent positive rate which is the lowest in weeks also. 9 deaths today and that had been averaging in the 30’s and 40’s. Hospitalizations were down by 100 from yesterday. NC positive rate was 6.1 percent and hospitalizations dropped to under 1,000 for the first time in a long time.
 #30944  by Furmanoid
 Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:13 am
Slowed down overnight. At at about 215k now. Rumors abound that Big 10 will zoom today. Probably only rumors.

By the way, the ACC and SEC are getting heat for being “holdout” conferences. Not only are people forgetting about the Big12 but actually 6 of the 10 conferences are saying they will play as are both of the major independents. The majority of fbs schools are listening to science at the moment. A good response to Fields’ petition may give them courage to face the media sh#t storm headed their way.
 #30948  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am
SEC will announce their revised schedule tonight at 7. Everyone knows who they are playing but will now know date and times. Looks like they are committed to playing. Covid numbers are spiraling down. Go SEC #don’tcave
 #30950  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:23 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am
SEC will announce their revised schedule tonight at 7. Everyone knows who they are playing but will now know date and times. Looks like they are committed to playing. Covid numbers are spiraling down. Go SEC #don’tcave
Don't get your hopes up.

#30951  by Furmanoid
 Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:45 am
How many kids in that picture will be tested 2 or 3 times this week? Would that not make them safer? If they do get mild Covid, will they get the cardiac screening athletes have been getting for 2 months now? How many are at risk of being kicked out of their favorite activity and possibly losing a scholarship for being in the bars?
FUBeAR liked this
 #30952  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am
Furmanoid wrote:
How many kids in that picture will be tested 2 or 3 times this week? Would that not make them safer? If they do get mild Covid, will they get the cardiac screening athletes have been getting for 2 months now? How many are at risk of being kicked out of their favorite activity and possibly losing a scholarship for being in the bars?
Let me ask you this -

If there is a virus that requires cardiac screenings for college students, isn't that a good enough reason for a school to take it seriously?
 #30954  by Furmanoid
 Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:08 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Let me ask you this -

If there is a virus that requires cardiac screenings for college students, isn't that a good enough reason for a school to take it seriously?
They do take it seriously. That’s why they do screenings. There are several viruses that cause myocarditis including flu and adenovirus (bronchitis). While it usually resolves on its own without even being diagnosed, Myocarditis is estimated to be responsible for 20% of sudden cardiac death in athletes. The problem is not new. I wouldn’t be surprised if it killed Phiddipedes. SCHSL requires all coaches to train in sudden cardiac death. The “good” thing about Covid is that it has brought attention to this problem. If you have a bad bout with a virus, you should get screened or take it easy for several weeks before going back to your full workout. If the protocols in use are not sufficient to mitigate myocarditis risk to acceptable levels, then it follows logically that sports should be shut down for good since flu and other viruses definitely cause fatal cases in athletes.
apaladin liked this
 #30955  by Thorny
 Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:32 pm
Even if we have a few football games this fall that is all we are going to have.

I'm ready for some football but a regular season is not what we are going to have.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.