• No 2020 Season

#30817  by Paladin91
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:06 am
The COVID situation is worse today than in the Spring. Not surprised by this situation at all - I said it would never happen last month when GA HS's were seeing COVID cases arise in summer practice. People continue to propagate this virus by not being smart...eg., social distancing, masks, etc.
furpep liked this
 #30818  by GOAT
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:20 pm
Again, taking an isolated case and making it the norm. Lots of misinformation in this article and some taken out of context. Clempson had 30+ plus cases originally but only 6 the next time when they tested almost 400 peeps. South Carolina has been play travel ball all summer and haven’t heard of a spike in cases among kids. Maybe there is one and we don’t know about it? In Missouri they “blame” the small spike on rec ball but is it substantiated? I would put this guy in the fear monger category!
His ReTweets on his Twitter feed would tend to indicate that he has a rather pronounced political bias, in addition to his interest in sports. Now his personal political leanings may have absolutely no relationship to his conclusion in this opinion piece...or they just might. Ur call.
Looks like Ed Hardin's OPINION piece is turning out to be almost spot on.
furpep liked this
 #30829  by fufanatic
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:30 pm
Roundball wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:55 am
aqualung wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:38 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:16 am
For those with a subscription to the P&C, a good piece. I don't like the idea of spring FCS football, but he makes some good points. Sapakoff: Citadel, CSU, FCS football should permanently move to spring. https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 04427.html
Besides "the media is fair and reports the news", moving FCS to spring is the stupidest thing I've read on this thread.
My goodness. It’s just an opinion piece, one that makes some valid points on the future of FCS football. Valid or not, FCS is going to have to do something different to survive.
It would be a weird adjustment, but if it means not being overshadowed by FBS, and getting more TV games, it's worth discussing. I personally would love to be able to watch FBS football from end of August to early January and then shift to FCS from whenever to whenever in the spring ... the summer off and then you're right back to more football. The key would be can FCS get several national TV games a week? I bet they could. Would hope they can draw a bigger audience than NCAA lacrosse. I know most disagree on here and think it's idiotic ... and I'm certainly not sold on it, but I would love to read a well-thought out plan as to how it could work.
 #30833  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:12 pm
aqualung wrote:
Roundball wrote:
For those with a subscription to the P&C, a good piece. I don't like the idea of spring FCS football, but he makes some good points. Sapakoff: Citadel, CSU, FCS football should permanently move to spring. https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 04427.html
Besides "the media is fair and reports the news", moving FCS to spring is the stupidest thing I've read on this thread.
FUBeAR thinks it’s becoming kinda obvious what business Roundball is in...and, even who his/her employer might be.

I bet Stumpy is willin’ to sell a Banner Ad...just sayin’
FurmanMom60, furman88, fupaladin01 and 1 others liked this
 #30834  by Roundball
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
aqualung wrote:
Roundball wrote:
FUBeAR thinks it’s becoming kinda obvious what business Roundball is in...and, even who his/her employer might be.

For the record, I am a retired banker, one that has never bought into the all the media is biased crap, from either side. The cable networks are different. I don’t consider them as part of the media. Most of the cable network personalities are nothing but talking heads.
FUBeAR, hypercycloid liked this
 #30836  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 pm
Roundball wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
aqualung wrote:
Roundball wrote:

For the record, I am a retired banker, one that has never bought into the all the media is biased crap, from either side. The cable networks are different. I don’t consider them as part of the media. Most of the cable network personalities are nothing but talking heads.
So, your son works at the P&C?

I’m just messin’ wit chu, Roundball.

Disappointed though - thought I had found a revenue opportunity for Stumpy
 #30845  by The Jackal
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:00 pm
I think this takes out our only remaining non-conference opponent.

At this point, the only thing that is sort of in the air is whether the SEC/ACC eventually are pressured into capitulating with the rest of college football. All this other is just window dressing at the moment, but all of the non P5 schools will punt to the spring.
 #30855  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:35 pm
Roundball wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:21 pm
Interesting comments from VMI coach. https://roanoke.com/sports/college/vmi- ... e1c02.html
You know their mascot is a Kangaroo, right?

Personally, FUBeAR has never trusted kangaroos. They have very beady eyes & hunt dogs for sport.

#30874  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:28 pm
CCH indicated at least 2 teams were willing to pay FU to play. You would think since FU is in dire financial straits the additional money would be welcomed. If nothing else it could help pay for testing, additional measures that have to be taken. Then again if you have no sports there is no need to test so the cost goes to zero. Interesting that Missouri St is playing 3 games: @Oklahoma and a home and with Central Arkansas. Not a big fan of the home and home thingy.
 #30875  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:48 pm
The OVC is the last man standing and apparently going to play. They are continuing to pick up games as of tonight. Good for them. I hope everything goes well.
....and the OVC caves.
 #30930  by FUBeAR
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:02 pm
University of North Georgia doesn’t have a Football Team or Football practice, or Football games.

So, the students there are SAFE!

This scene has already, is, or soon will be playing in various differing scales in every college & university in America that brings students back to campus.

Need to shut it all down, shut everything down, forever.

We must be SAFE! It’s for the children!!
Furmanoid, apaladin liked this
 #30931  by Flagman
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:05 pm
The Greenville News reported today that we are leaving the door open for some fall football. I wish they wouldn’t do that. Play or don’t, but don’t give us false hope. Do or don’t. Make a decision and stand by it. And if fans won’t be permitted, then just cancel everything.
apaladin liked this
 #30933  by Furmanoid
 Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:13 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:02 pm
University of North Georgia doesn’t have a Football Team or Football practice, or Football games.

So, the students there are SAFE!

This scene has already, is, or soon will be playing in various differing scales in every college & university in America that brings students back to campus.

Need to shut it all down, shut everything down, forever.

We must be SAFE! It’s for the children!!
Now you’ve got yo mind right.
apaladin, FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.