#30794  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:16 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:26 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:15 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 am
Hard to see how it could be 50/50 without us being a NO. And we probably have 2 votes since Citadel’s pride won’t let them bail unless we do. I imagine the Wofford prez is a NO but will be overruled by the team owner. VMI and Samford are Yeses. Chat has been talking a big show. WCU and ETSU strike me as poverty NO’s. I would think Mercer would be a yes. I’m gonna say it’s FU, Cit, ETSU, WCU and Chat saying NO and ending it.

But it’s looking like we will have Friday nights and a full slate of the best teams on Saturdays plus NFL on Sunday, so who cares?
Team Owner - LOL!

I’m 99.9999999999% sure Mercer is a “Yes”....more likely, an “H-E-double hockey sticks YES!”

I think Chatt, VMI, and Samford (just cuz FSU) are “Yesses”

If Uncle Jerry has the juice we believe he does in SparkleCity, that’s 5...If they separate Football from “Fall Sports” in their decisioning process, which they should; then UNCG shouldn’t get a vote & 5 “Yesses” wins the day to have some kind of Season.
UPDATE: From a reliable, well-placed, but unnamed source, you can remove the 0.0000000001% doubt FUBeAR had about whether or not Mercer wanted to play ball.

The Bears were ALL IN!

IF they can find some opponents, they’ll be playin’ some feetsball games this season.
Apparently some schools are pursuing a few ooc games. Campbell just picked up ASU, so they now have 2 games. They play GSU and ASU. I suspect FU will not pursue this route.
 #30795  by JohnKX512
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 pm
I don’t know why we are surprised. I said it before and I’ll say it again. There was no plan from the NCAA or SoCon.

We cancelled sports in March and for some reason didn’t do anything for the months to prepare.

Money, leadership, and all of us are to blame.

This is so stupid and pitiful. If sports are the reason we take this seriously then let’s all be in. Wear a mask and tell others to help slow the spread. Holy shite.
apaladin, Roundball, Davemeister and 1 others liked this
 #30796  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:30 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 pm
I don’t know why we are surprised. I said it before and I’ll say it again. There was no plan from the NCAA or SoCon.

We cancelled sports in March and for some reason didn’t do anything for the months to prepare.

Money, leadership, and all of us are to blame.

This is so stupid and pitiful. If sports are the reason we take this seriously then let’s all be in. Wear a mask and tell others to help slow the spread. Holy shite.
I think I can speak for everyone. No one was surprised. If we played that would have been shocking, I really don’t think we will see another FU sporting event until maybe next baseball season. Oh wait, nevermind.
Rokawaylifer liked this
 #30797  by hypercycloid
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:35 pm
Choir Boy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:14 pm
In the old days you have an obstacle and the you fight through it. Today the obstacles are an excuse to whine, complain, quit, point fingers and hope for a new day to rinse and repeat all over again.
In the old days the lawyer generation of baby boomers hadn’t yet turned the country into the overly litigious one it is today. Your statement is too general to actually mean anything, but it’s still offensive. Who doesn’t fight through obstacles every day?
 #30798  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:16 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:26 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:15 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 am
Hard to see how it could be 50/50 without us being a NO. And we probably have 2 votes since Citadel’s pride won’t let them bail unless we do. I imagine the Wofford prez is a NO but will be overruled by the team owner. VMI and Samford are Yeses. Chat has been talking a big show. WCU and ETSU strike me as poverty NO’s. I would think Mercer would be a yes. I’m gonna say it’s FU, Cit, ETSU, WCU and Chat saying NO and ending it.

But it’s looking like we will have Friday nights and a full slate of the best teams on Saturdays plus NFL on Sunday, so who cares?
Team Owner - LOL!

I’m 99.9999999999% sure Mercer is a “Yes”....more likely, an “H-E-double hockey sticks YES!”

I think Chatt, VMI, and Samford (just cuz FSU) are “Yesses”

If Uncle Jerry has the juice we believe he does in SparkleCity, that’s 5...If they separate Football from “Fall Sports” in their decisioning process, which they should; then UNCG shouldn’t get a vote & 5 “Yesses” wins the day to have some kind of Season.
UPDATE: From a reliable, well-placed, but unnamed source, you can remove the 0.0000000001% doubt FUBeAR had about whether or not Mercer wanted to play ball.

The Bears were ALL IN!

IF they can find some opponents, they’ll be playin’ some feetsball games this season.
Apparently some schools are pursuing a few ooc games. Campbell just picked up ASU, so they now have 2 games. They play GSU and ASU. I suspect FU will not pursue this route.
They added Appy on the day they were scheduled to play Mercer in Buies Creek.

Oh well, no trip home to see my 89-year old Mom. I’d prolly give her the ‘rona anyway.
No Eastern NC BBQ
No camel ride.
 #30800  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:14 pm
No one ever mentions the mental harm all of this is causing. A Texas Tech article says 75 percent of high school athletes are clinically depressed. I’m sure it is very high with college kids and coaches and not to mention us fans, if you are in my age group you don’t have that many seasons left and to have one of those taken away at the last minute after waiting for a year is very depressing.
 #30801  by purplehorse
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:36 pm
I would love to play App State and Ga Southern or whomever. I just don’t see it happening.

I wonder how all this will work out. I mean if a FCS school decides to play 4 games over the months of Sept and Oct how often do they get to practice. Do FCS teams who are going to play no games get to practice in the fall?

And then if there is the possibility of spring football I can see this same scenario happening all over again. When do teams start practicing for that?

I don’t really have any FBS teams in the race so I am disappointed. If the ACC and SEC and Big 12 still play ball I will be shocked if there are any major breakouts. Certainly what happens with them will influence whether we play spring ball.
 #30802  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:14 pm
No one ever mentions the mental harm all of this is causing. A Texas Tech article says 75 percent of high school athletes are clinically depressed. I’m sure it is very high with college kids and coaches and not to mention us fans, if you are in my age group you don’t have that many seasons left and to have one of those taken away at the last minute after waiting for a year is very depressing.

It's not exclusive to high school football. The pandemic has really reached just about every corner of our society.
 #30804  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:08 pm
NCAA president Emmertt just came out and said there will be no fall championships this year. Well, duh! He's a liitle late isn't he? Of course this does not effect FBS football. He knows not to mess with the big boys. What a DA.
 #30805  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:48 pm
The OVC is the last man standing and apparently going to play. They are continuing to pick up games as of tonight. Good for them. I hope everything goes well.
 #30814  by aqualung
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:38 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:16 am
For those with a subscription to the P&C, a good piece. I don't like the idea of spring FCS football, but he makes some good points. Sapakoff: Citadel, CSU, FCS football should permanently move to spring. https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 04427.html
Besides "the media is fair and reports the news", moving FCS to spring is the stupidest thing I've read on this thread.
apaladin, QCGlue, FUBeAR and 2 others liked this
 #30815  by Roundball
 Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:55 am
aqualung wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:38 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:16 am
For those with a subscription to the P&C, a good piece. I don't like the idea of spring FCS football, but he makes some good points. Sapakoff: Citadel, CSU, FCS football should permanently move to spring. https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 04427.html
Besides "the media is fair and reports the news", moving FCS to spring is the stupidest thing I've read on this thread.
My goodness. It’s just an opinion piece, one that makes some valid points on the future of FCS football. Valid or not, FCS is going to have to do something different to survive.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.