• No 2020 Season

#30724  by Furmanoid
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:29 am
If true, we are screwed.

Hard to see how it could be 50/50 without us being a NO. And we probably have 2 votes since Citadel’s pride won’t let them bail unless we do. I imagine the Wofford prez is a NO but will be overruled by the team owner. VMI and Samford are Yeses. Chat has been talking a big show. WCU and ETSU strike me as poverty NO’s. I would think Mercer would be a yes. I’m gonna say it’s FU, Cit, ETSU, WCU and Chat saying NO and ending it.

But it’s looking like we will have Friday nights and a full slate of the best teams on Saturdays plus NFL on Sunday, so who cares?
 #30725  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 am
right now - I think we can only count one team a NO based on public info… ETSU.
Where other schools stand is a guess???

Hopefully, we get some closure on this today.
gman84 liked this
 #30726  by gman84
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 am
Closure, yes! like cavedweller, I want to make my alternate plans for the fall sooner than later.
 #30727  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:15 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Roundball wrote:
If true, we are screwed.

Hard to see how it could be 50/50 without us being a NO. And we probably have 2 votes since Citadel’s pride won’t let them bail unless we do. I imagine the Wofford prez is a NO but will be overruled by the team owner. VMI and Samford are Yeses. Chat has been talking a big show. WCU and ETSU strike me as poverty NO’s. I would think Mercer would be a yes. I’m gonna say it’s FU, Cit, ETSU, WCU and Chat saying NO and ending it.

But it’s looking like we will have Friday nights and a full slate of the best teams on Saturdays plus NFL on Sunday, so who cares?
Team Owner - LOL!

I’m 99.9999999999% sure Mercer is a “Yes”....more likely, an “H-E-double hockey sticks YES!”

I think Chatt, VMI, and Samford (just cuz FSU) are “Yesses”

If Uncle Jerry has the juice we believe he does in SparkleCity, that’s 5...If they separate Football from “Fall Sports” in their decisioning process, which they should; then UNCG shouldn’t get a vote & 5 “Yesses” wins the day to have some kind of Season.
 #30728  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:02 am
I think WCU should be a yes vote. Spent a lot of money on stadium improvements and still have an FBS game. Citadel could very well still play Clempson.
 #30729  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Roundball wrote:
If true, we are screwed.

Team Owner - LOL!

I’m 99.9999999999% sure Mercer is a “Yes”....more likely, an “H-E-double hockey sticks YES!”

If Uncle Jerry has the juice we believe he does in SparkleCity, that’s 5...If they separate Football from “Fall Sports” in their decisioning process, which they should; then UNCG shouldn’t get a vote & 5 “Yesses” wins the day to have some kind of Season.

Had not thought about it, but the report of 50/50 must mean that the vote is for all of fall sports, not just football. There are only 9 football schools, so there can't be a 50/50 split.

I guess UNCG gets to weigh in on football.
 #30732  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:58 am
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Roundball wrote:
If true, we are screwed.

Team Owner - LOL!

Had not thought about it, but the report of 50/50 must mean that the vote is for all of fall sports, not just football. There are only 9 football schools, so there can't be a 50/50 split.

I guess UNCG gets to weigh in on football.
you’re conflating. But, this time (maybe for the 1st time), I don’t think you are doing it intentionally.

The 1st Tweet says “50-50” but that’s the Tweeter’s odds on whether or not the SoCon will play.

The 2nd Tweet refers to a “split” - that “split” could be 5-4 or 6-3...but juxtaposed with the 50-50 comment, it’s easy to reach the same conclusion you did.

I think you’re reading too much into that...If you are a “yes” would you want UNCG having any input at all into whether or not you play Football? Of course you wouldn’t...doubt, they get a voice in that. If they do, and voted “no” it’s a travesty...”Let’s see...all of the other schools I compete with for students and student athletes...do I want them to be, potentially, on National TV Multiple times this fall, while I cower in my bunker or not....really tough question...um....NO!”
 #30733  by Flagman
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:20 pm
When can we expect a report from the presidents’ call?
 #30735  by DeepPurple
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:41 pm
UNCG should have NO vote for FB. Sports they participate in, yes. My 2 cents worth.
 #30737  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:45 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:20 pm
When can we expect a report from the presidents’ call?
Should be any minute. The Southland just announced postponement but they can play ooc games. That leaves only the OVC and Southern in FCS. I think the writing is on the wall now.
 #30739  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:51 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 pm
Southland is out.

That really just leaves SoCon and OVC. Not great when the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs are ahead of you on health policy.

https://www.southland.org/news/2020/8/1 ... ester.aspx
“Out” seems to be quite a relative term...

Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.