• Harris wins QB Job??

#3050  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 pm
I guess chances are he will not play because of the hand injury? Anyone know if he is even practicing this week?
 #3057  by The Jackal
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:06 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:39 pm
Depth Chart on Clemson's website has Lincoln and Roberts sharing the starting spot Saturday.
I have not closely analyzed it, but it looks like the depth chart that Clemson posted is the same that Furman posted last week.

Again, least important game of the season. Might as well see what both guys can do out there in a game.
 #3069  by The Jackal
 Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:54 am
Paul C wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:50 am
I bet we see at least 3 QB's out there for the Paladins.....
Any reason why?

Seems like at some point Furman just needs to pick a guy and go with it. Admittedly, in the spring Hendrix said QB this year was going to be an open competition among everyone.

We currently list 4 QBs on the published depth chart. Not sure I ever remember seeing that.
 #3072  by fufanatic
 Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:16 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:54 am
Paul C wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:50 am
I bet we see at least 3 QB's out there for the Paladins.....
Any reason why?

Seems like at some point Furman just needs to pick a guy and go with it. Admittedly, in the spring Hendrix said QB this year was going to be an open competition among everyone.

We currently list 4 QBs on the published depth chart. Not sure I ever remember seeing that.
I'm guessing Paul means that with the new redshirt rule and the potential for a blow out, you might as well give everyone a shot at playing in front of that environment against that level of talent. Would think it would only help all the guys. I guess if you're being strategic maybe you only play 3 QBs just in case an injury later in the year at the position means you have to have the other guy available for 4 later games.

That is the nice thing about this new redshirt rule. In theory if say your top two guys are out one week, you could start a guy you intend to redshirt and it doesn't blow it for him.
 #3083  by fufanatic
 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:51 pm
Sportscenter and College Gameday too. Awesome exposure for the program. I hope Harris plays Saturday and plays well.

AstroDin, FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #3085  by Jasper
 Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:04 pm
I watched most of today's practice and Harris Roberts took his normal snaps and seemed to be physically fine. He was wearing a glove on his right hand but that may be precautionary. From what I saw, he looks like he will be playing on Saturday. The practice was very spirited and crisp on both sides of the ball. I only spotted 6 walking wounded players and everyone seemed to not be seriously injured and were working out with the trainer. Lots of media around too. They interviewed CCH and Harris - the NBC affiliate I believe. I was ready to lay some pearls of wisdom on them but they must not have noticed my waving and jumping up and down. I wont be so subtle next time. :D
furman88, Paladawg, AstroDin and 3 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.