• 2021 Recruiting

#30218  by Paul C
 Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:06 pm
Hughey is a 6-7/210lb PF that reminds me a bit of Slawson. I like this highlight package as it shows him in game situations. He has a ton of offers....MAC schools (Toledo, BGSU, Kent St, Ohio, Miami (OH), Eastern Mich) as well as UNCW, Duquesne, William & Mary...

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DH9pQ
Roundball, fufanatic liked this
 #30234  by Fuonetime
 Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 am
Article in Ny Times this AM states that “No Summer Tournaments Means More Recruits Committing to Colleges.” Hope FU can land a couple of players.
 #30236  by Furmanoid
 Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:19 am
That makes sense. We had to cancel our Nike Elite Peach Jam this summer. It is usually a really neat week when I can walk into the North Augusta Rec center and see Coach K, Roy Williams, Mrs. Lebron etc. hanging around. Those summer long series are most guys’ last chance to show their skills. I don’t think anybody cares that much about HS senior seasons anymore. Since there is no way to compete for any more offers, guys may as well go ahead and take their best one before somebody else does.
 #30244  by Paul C
 Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:42 am
Williams had offers from Kent St, Youngstown St, Winthrop, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Robert Morris....

Has a stout build and can shoot the 3 (40.4%)
 #30247  by Monday
 Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:09 pm
This leaves two open schollies. Based on the reported offers we’re still looking for another big wing and a scoring G. There doesn’t seem to be interest in a PG even though we will need a new starter next year and replacements on the roster are unproven. Maybe this is a show of faith for Anderson, Kenney, and Pugh.

And, man, think how this class would’ve looked with Beadle. Oh well, his loss.
 #30249  by tya1
 Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:27 pm
From the video highlights I've seen, Williams' game reminds me of Daniel Fowler's. He is versatile, multi-skilled, and plays with intensity. He is a bit heavier, and more muscular looking - more of a power game. Williams can play both inside and out for a very good program that has won state championships during his career. Should be a good fit for the Paladins.
 #30306  by Monday
 Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 pm
Per Verbal Commits Jaylen ‘JP’ Pegues 6’1” PG Nashville, TN

Execellent mixtape.

#30312  by FurmAlum
 Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:31 pm
Monday wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 pm
Per Verbal Commits Jaylen ‘JP’ Pegues 6’1” PG Nashville, TN

Execellent mixtape.

Wow! That guy looks good. Have we made him an offer?