• The 2020 Season

#30011  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:22 am
I previously learned, right here, that a “slippery slope” argument is a logical fallacy or it’s a strawman or it’s gaslighting or it’s false equivalence or it’s a whataboutism or it’s confirmation bias or something like that...some catchy phrase that, essentially, because of its extreme catchiness, renders it far superior to what we used to call common sense.

So...no slippery slope mention here from FUBeAR about the following AP article...

https://apnews.com/f85205a479ac9bd488faa6833030cd22

...and its relevance to this excerpt (Source: The Constitution of the United States of America, Bill of Rights, Amendment V)...

“No person shall be...deprived of...liberty...without due process of law...”

Small points of illumination...
1) she didn’t sign the original forms. So, she didn’t, therefore, waive rights to due process of law; yet clearly she is being deprived of her liberty by the government.
2) imprisoned husband has not even tested positive for Covid

...and they probably won’t be attending any 2020 Season Football games unless they can successfully pursue a habeas corpus action against the government that has imprisoned them.

Randomly selected gif below...

Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
fupaladin01 liked this
 #30063  by Rokawaylifer
 Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:10 pm
Promise last post on this. But what I omitted from story was That hogan took billy on A personal tour of his factory. Hogan was as meticulous about the manufacturing of his clubs as he was about his game. Those were great clubs in their day. Billy left Texas with a set of hogan clubs. Gratis. He charmed the pants off of Ben. That was billy. Oh yeah. And he’d always ask me about the Furman golfers. I knew them. Everybody knew everybody back then. It was such a small nice intimate school. Maybe it still is. He wanted to know them And all about them. He’d pester the heck out of me about Keith storms, who I think won the county tourney one year. That was billy, always trying to understand his opponent to get a leg up. Incredible guy. Ps bill Huggins is running a great tkd school down there. He’s the real deal.

quote=FurmAlum post_id=29758 time=1594518709 user_id=534]
Rokawaylifer wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:06 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 am
DPLOT. Not only was Billy Hong the reigning Greenville County Amateur champion at the time of his death he also won the county in 1979. He was competing against local amateur golf legends like Dillard Traynham, CatHead Stroud, Tommy Biershenk, Frankie Impson, Barry Beeks, and Mike Gravely to name a few.
Cave, mr Hong was perhaps the most incredible person I’ve ever met. There are many stories out there about him. Regarding golf, I can remember like yesterday him telling me how he drove to Texas to speak with Ben hogan. He told me he waited for many, I think he said 6 or 7, hours before he got to see him. But when he did get to see the hawk finally well, no surprise, billy won him over. And yes, as someone wrote here, he loved to gamble on the course. And what was not written is that his smile lit up a room.

Regarding his tae kwon do school, you didn’t just pay the fee and start training. He decided whether he wanted to teach you. He didn’t care about money. He used to regularly give me my 20 dollar monthly dues back to me and told me to go have some fun. Billy taught military tkd. Not the crap that They teach today. To illustrate, He’d tell me, David if you’re gonna break a walnut with your foot, what part of your foot would you use? No little flipper top of foot roundhouse kicks. I’d return home north and train up here and people would be like where the heck did you learn this? There were some very good tkd teachers up here in nyc and NNJ, and a very slim few, taught same hard style. They all knew billy. Billy would get calls from Other tkd teachers from all over the country during class. He knew everybody. Btw, he always called me canoe feet. As I have Really long skinny feet.

I studied the flight 007 flight story thoroughly. There are some theories out there that there were survivors. And that they were then transported to a prison camp. I won’t say yes or no, who really knows the truth? But what I do know Is if anyone Was equipped to survive, it was billy. I believe he would be about 80 Or so years of age today.

I hope these Fond reminisces aren’t out of place here.
Rokaway, that was great. And you are right, Billy Hong was one of a kind. I hadn't heard the story about going to see Ben Hogan. I have a story about Hogan that many golfers have probably heard, but I'm going to retell it here.
Hogan owned a successful golf equipment company after his playing days were over and had many tour players playing his stuff. He was also known for being reticent and cold. Nine time major champion Gary Player played Dunlop equipment back in the late 60's. Player supposedly called Hogan to ask him a question. The conversation allegedly went like this:

Player: "Hello Mr. Hogan, this is Gary Player. I would like to ask you a question about the golf swing?"

Hogan: "Ask Mr. Dunlop." Click
[/quote]

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.