#29986  by Furmanoid
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:26 am
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:09 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:00 am
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:06 pm
It’s not unbiased. It’s literally a doctor telling you they are overwhelmed.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Wear a mask. It won’t hurt anyone. It will help many. What do you have to lose?

I can’t wait for football season. Countdown is getting close. What are you doing to ensure it happens?
So you believe the one doctor from Greenville but ignore the Georgia doctors. Like I said believe what you want, just about anything you want is out there so everyone can choose. FYI I wear a mask everywhere. Do I believe that it is helping, absolutely not, but I will continue to wear it.
What Georgia doctors? Besides, the only area that matters for the Upstate is what our local doctors and officials are saying. Yes, I believe this doctor. Yes, masks are helping. We just need the other 50% to start wearing them.
Does SCDHEC count as “officials”? They say Greenville co. hospitals are at 69% capacity which is actually lower than optimal. They may be wrong, but maybe not. Spartanburg and Greenwood are around 85% which is high end of optimal so I wouldn’t be surprised if they cut back on some procedures. The expert doctor lost me when he called for closing boat ramps. Boat ramps? To think that boat ramps are a major factor is pretty dumb. What is the mechanism for catching it on a lake?
apaladin, FUBeAR liked this
 #29988  by Flagman
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:50 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:01 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 pm
FU3 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:36 pm
I would be interested in hearing from FU BeAR on how mask wearing ordinances violate the fine citizens of Georgia’s rights under the US Constitution.
Globally speaking, any imposition by the government on freedoms to do what you want is an infringement on liberties. In many instances, the government can demonstrate that the benefits of the burden outweighs the infringement.

I think there's a perfectly fine argument that the imposition of a mask law is not a burdensome imposition on your liberties such that it would be unconstitutional.
So, I really don’t think Jackal or FU3 would dispute that there is a major public health issue around unwanted pregnancies & transmissions of STD’s.

Roughly, annual abortions + annual children put up for adoption equals 750,000 (CDC & adoption.org are sources). Is it fair to estimate ‘unwanted, but kept’ equals another 250k, and just call it a round 1 million unwanted pregnancies per year? 20 million people are infected / year with an STD (CDC is source). So, BIG societal issues, clearly & undeniably.

Unwanted pregnancies, in very many, if not most, cases, lead to expensive & potentially dangerous medical procedures or to unwanted (at least initially) children and/or children that require (at least initially) significant assistance from overburdened, scarce public & private healthcare, childcare, and adoption resources. I’ll spare providing the gory details around STD’s, but we all know they exist and are transmitted during sex (cuz it’s right there in the name.)

Therefore, I’m also certain both would support enforceable laws / ordinances requiring use of condoms and/or other barrier methods of birth & STD control, during all sex acts other than those intended to cause a pregnancy AND where each party to that act had government certification that they are currently free of any transmittable STD.

Certainly FUBeAR has started to & it can be easily seen that the government can demonstrate that the benefits of the burden outweighs the infringement. So, there’s a perfectly fine argument that the imposition of a condom law is not a burdensome imposition on your liberties such that it would be unconstitutional. Right?

Jackal, what sort of prison time and/or fines would you recommend for anyone caught engaging in a non-procreational and/or non-government-certified STD-free sex act without condoms?

Um....um....sometimes, I’ve heard, there might be an increase in the number of sex acts occurring after football games on college campuses, particularly after big wins; so this post is relevant & pertains to this factor as it relates to whether or not we have a Football season in 2020; the thread topic.
This thread has now become 'general idiocy".
 #29992  by cavedweller2
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:11 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FU3 wrote:
I would be interested in hearing from FU BeAR on how mask wearing ordinances violate the fine citizens of Georgia’s rights under the US Constitution.
Globally speaking, any imposition by the government on freedoms to do what you want is an infringement on liberties. In many instances, the government can demonstrate that the benefits of the burden outweighs the infringement.

I think there's a perfectly fine argument that the imposition of a mask law is not a burdensome imposition on your liberties such that it would be unconstitutional.
I’ll spare providing the gory details around STD’s, but we all know they exist and are transmitted during sex (cuz it’s right there in the name.)

If you have ever experienced the “Bull Head” Clap you would wear a condom. But I don’t believe in a governmental condom mandate.
FUBeAR liked this
 #29993  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:17 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:11 pm
I don’t believe in a governmental condom mandate.
Well, thanks for taking the 2020 Football season away from the rest of us, CD. :(
 #29996  by FU3
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Got to admit GoPaladins is worth the price of admissions when a discussion on Constitutional rights “ becomes an avenue for
review of the horrors of “Bull Head” clap.
FUBeAR liked this
 #29997  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:50 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Got to admit GoPaladins is worth the price of admissions when a discussion on Constitutional rights logically becomes an avenue for review of the horrors of “Bull Head” clap.
FYP
FU3 liked this
 #30000  by Monday
 Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:36 am
A bit of advice:
1. Always read replies you have missed to understand the context of words or phrases you do not recognize or understand.
2. Do NOT Google Bull Headed Clap.
3. Wear a condom.
cavedweller2 liked this
 #30001  by apaladin
 Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:23 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:49 am
It’s stories like this that put the season in doubt. “Florida man fights for his life after son infects family with COVID-19.” https://nypost.com/2020/07/19/florida-d ... =flipboard
It’s stories like this that fuel the fear mongering. Regardless of what you are promoting you can always find horrible cases to promote your cause. Where are all the stories about the thousands and thousands of people that have survived? Again you can find a worst case scenario and report it to promote your agenda regardless of what that agenda may be.
 #30002  by Roundball
 Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:35 pm
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
It’s stories like this that put the season in doubt. “Florida man fights for his life after son infects family with COVID-19.” https://nypost.com/2020/07/19/florida-d ... =flipboard
It’s stories like this that fuel the fear mongering. Regardless of what you are promoting you can always find horrible cases to promote your cause. Where are all the stories about the thousands and thousands of people that have survived? Again you can find a worst case scenario and report it to promote your agenda regardless of what that agenda may be.
Nevertheless, the colleges are scared to death of this scenario.
 #30003  by cavedweller2
 Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:48 pm
Monday wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:36 am
A bit of advice:
1. Always read replies you have missed to understand the context of words or phrases you do not recognize or understand.
2. Do NOT Google Bull Headed Clap.
3. Wear a condom.
That is funny.
 #30004  by FurmAlum
 Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:31 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:50 am
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FU3 wrote:

So, I really don’t think Jackal or FU3 would dispute that there is a major public health issue around unwanted pregnancies & transmissions of STD’s.

Roughly, annual abortions + annual children put up for adoption equals 750,000 (CDC & adoption.org are sources). Is it fair to estimate ‘unwanted, but kept’ equals another 250k, and just call it a round 1 million unwanted pregnancies per year? 20 million people are infected / year with an STD (CDC is source). So, BIG societal issues, clearly & undeniably.

Unwanted pregnancies, in very many, if not most, cases, lead to expensive & potentially dangerous medical procedures or to unwanted (at least initially) children and/or children that require (at least initially) significant assistance from overburdened, scarce public & private healthcare, childcare, and adoption resources. I’ll spare providing the gory details around STD’s, but we all know they exist and are transmitted during sex (cuz it’s right there in the name.)

Therefore, I’m also certain both would support enforceable laws / ordinances requiring use of condoms and/or other barrier methods of birth & STD control, during all sex acts other than those intended to cause a pregnancy AND where each party to that act had government certification that they are currently free of any transmittable STD.

Certainly FUBeAR has started to & it can be easily seen that the government can demonstrate that the benefits of the burden outweighs the infringement. So, there’s a perfectly fine argument that the imposition of a condom law is not a burdensome imposition on your liberties such that it would be unconstitutional. Right?

Jackal, what sort of prison time and/or fines would you recommend for anyone caught engaging in a non-procreational and/or non-government-certified STD-free sex act without condoms?

Um....um....sometimes, I’ve heard, there might be an increase in the number of sex acts occurring after football games on college campuses, particularly after big wins; so this post is relevant & pertains to this factor as it relates to whether or not we have a Football season in 2020; the thread topic.
This thread has now become 'general idiocy".
No need to worry about any prison time or fines. Just have the penalty be to have it cut off. OUCH!

That might generate some deterrence. :o
 #30006  by Furmanoid
 Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:57 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:35 pm
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Nevertheless, the colleges are scared to death of this scenario.
This story doesn’t really relate to the college football issue. It makes a great case for opening campuses and shows the futility of trying to keep campuses safe from the virus. If this guy had been off at college, everything would have been fine. Parents are more at risk with college students at home. I mean duh. You cannot expect people that age to never go out with friends. When my daughter goes back in August, I don’t want her back here until November (which is fine with her). I hope she doesn’t pop a positive because it may mess up her schedule, but the real danger would be for her to get it here and spread it to my wife.
apaladin, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.