• The 2020 Season

#29969  by Roundball
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:42 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:54 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 am
NCAA to require testing 72 hours before each contest.

Rose Bowl Parade cancelled.
The AAC conference not the NCAA but nice try. The NCAA has no power to require anything like this.
Actually, the NCAA is releasing guidance that includes testing 72 hours before each contest. You can bet money that all NCAA schools will follow these guidelines. The AAC is requiring and the P5 conferences will do so too. If the FCS schools don't follow the same guidelines, you can kiss any games against FBS schools goodbye.

I think most of the SoCon teams have players reporting on Monday. It would be a shame for the schools to go to the expense of getting the players on campus only to cancel the season a few days later. I am surprised the SoCon has not made a public decision on the season.
JohnKX512 liked this
 #29970  by Roundball
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:44 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:58 pm
The fear mongers should not read this, optimistic people please read. :lol:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/45131b87-f ... emain.html
All people need to think about this wording from Prisma Health. "COVID-19 hospitalizations are 'ridiculously out of control' in Upstate SC, Prisma doc says." https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ ... 457506002/
 #29971  by apaladin
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:48 pm
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
All people need to think about this wording from Prisma Health. "COVID-19 hospitalizations are 'ridiculously out of control' in Upstate SC, Prisma doc says." https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ ... 457506002/
You have to consider the source and at the same time doctors in Georgia have come out and said their hopitals are indeed crowded but not from Coronavirus as the media would have you believe but from all the elective surgeries postponed from earlier this year. It comes down to who are you gonna believe. It's a shame that this country cannot have an unbiased news source people can actually believe regardless of what side of the street you come from.
FurmanMom60 liked this
 #29973  by JohnKX512
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:06 pm
It’s not unbiased. It’s literally a doctor telling you they are overwhelmed.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Wear a mask. It won’t hurt anyone. It will help many. What do you have to lose?

I can’t wait for football season. Countdown is getting close. What are you doing to ensure it happens?
Roundball liked this
 #29974  by JohnKX512
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:11 pm
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
You have to consider the source and at the same time doctors in Georgia have come out and said their hopitals are indeed crowded but not from Coronavirus as the media would have you believe but from all the elective surgeries postponed from earlier this year. It comes down to who are you gonna believe. It's a shame that this country cannot have an unbiased news source people can actually believe regardless of what side of the street you come from.
What is your capacity at a hospital?

It sickens me when people thing they know more than the doctors and nurses. We are overwhelmed.

Don’t nitpick and find your info to make you happy. Understand this shiz is real.

Media? Who cares. People are screaming for help in the hospitals. What have we as Americans done?
Roundball liked this
 #29975  by JohnKX512
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:15 pm
apaladin wrote:
JohnKX512 wrote:

The AAC conference not the NCAA but nice try. The NCAA has no power to require anything like this.
They are and did???? Emmert released today.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... guidelines
 #29978  by Furmanoid
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:30 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:11 pm
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
What is your capacity at a hospital?

It sickens me when people thing they know more than the doctors and nurses. We are overwhelmed.

Don’t nitpick and find your info to make you happy. Understand this shiz is real.

Media? Who cares. People are screaming for help in the hospitals. What have we as Americans done?
Dhec says 72.34% bed utilization. That’s on the lowish end for profitability. I think it’s actually lower in Greenville. But maybe dhec is part of a right wing conspiracy.
 #29979  by apaladin
 Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:56 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:15 pm
apaladin wrote:
JohnKX512 wrote:

They are and did???? Emmert released today.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... guidelines
If you read this these are recommendations/guidelines not mandates. Big difference. Again they do not have this sort of power. If these were mandates schools like Furman who can barely keep the lights on will not play any sports for the foreseeable future.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #29980  by apaladin
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:00 am
JohnKX512 wrote:

Get it? Got it? Good.

I can’t wait for football season. Countdown is getting close. What are you doing to ensure it happens?
So you believe the one doctor from Greenville but ignore the Georgia doctors. Like I said believe what you want, just about anything you want is out there so everyone can choose. FYI I wear a mask everywhere. Do I believe that it is helping, absolutely not, but I will continue to wear it.
 #29981  by purplehorse
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:57 am
With the MEAC and Patriot League cancelling fall sports including football and the CAA cancelling conference football (schools free to set up an independent schedule) I will be absolutely SHOCKED if FURMAN plays football this year. At this point I would be happy if we get to play basketball. I do think the NFL will play.
 #29982  by Roundball
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:54 am
apaladin wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I live in South Carolina, not Georgia. Our doctors are stating a fact. COVID hospitalizations are out of control. There is no bias from the Greenville News when quoting our local medical experts.

Here is what’s happening in Georgia. https://www.ajc.com/news/are-headed-for ... Vq1MoywJL/
 #29983  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am

JohnKX512 is a bunny ears and googly-eye glasses hater & disbeliever.

I call on my many brothers & sisters, who are righteous proponents of & believers in bunny ears & googly-eye glasses to dox & cancel JohnKX512 immediately!

I’ve established a GoFundMe to raise the necessary cash to support our efforts. Please click here and donate today! https://bit.ly/32xACto

Edited / Amended: Do this so that, those of us who choose to, will not be prohibited from wearing bunny ears & googly-eye glasses to Football games this season. [Stumpy’s anti-thread drift mandate / requirement fulfilled. Check.]
 #29984  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:01 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 pm
FU3 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:36 pm
I would be interested in hearing from FU BeAR on how mask wearing ordinances violate the fine citizens of Georgia’s rights under the US Constitution.
Globally speaking, any imposition by the government on freedoms to do what you want is an infringement on liberties. In many instances, the government can demonstrate that the benefits of the burden outweighs the infringement.

I think there's a perfectly fine argument that the imposition of a mask law is not a burdensome imposition on your liberties such that it would be unconstitutional.
So, I really don’t think Jackal or FU3 would dispute that there is a major public health issue around unwanted pregnancies & transmissions of STD’s.

Roughly, annual abortions + annual children put up for adoption equals 750,000 (CDC & adoption.org are sources). Is it fair to estimate ‘unwanted, but kept’ equals another 250k, and just call it a round 1 million unwanted pregnancies per year? 20 million people are infected / year with an STD (CDC is source). So, BIG societal issues, clearly & undeniably.

Unwanted pregnancies, in very many, if not most, cases, lead to expensive & potentially dangerous medical procedures or to unwanted (at least initially) children and/or children that require (at least initially) significant assistance from overburdened, scarce public & private healthcare, childcare, and adoption resources. I’ll spare providing the gory details around STD’s, but we all know they exist and are transmitted during sex (cuz it’s right there in the name.)

Therefore, I’m also certain both would support enforceable laws / ordinances requiring use of condoms and/or other barrier methods of birth & STD control, during all sex acts other than those intended to cause a pregnancy AND where each party to that act had government certification that they are currently free of any transmittable STD.

Certainly FUBeAR has started to & it can be easily seen that the government can demonstrate that the benefits of the burden outweighs the infringement. So, there’s a perfectly fine argument that the imposition of a condom law is not a burdensome imposition on your liberties such that it would be unconstitutional. Right?

Jackal, what sort of prison time and/or fines would you recommend for anyone caught engaging in a non-procreational and/or non-government-certified STD-free sex act without condoms?

Um....um....sometimes, I’ve heard, there might be an increase in the number of sex acts occurring after football games on college campuses, particularly after big wins; so this post is relevant & pertains to this factor as it relates to whether or not we have a Football season in 2020; the thread topic.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
 #29985  by Roundball
 Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:09 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:00 am
JohnKX512 wrote:

Get it? Got it? Good.

So you believe the one doctor from Greenville but ignore the Georgia doctors. Like I said believe what you want, just about anything you want is out there so everyone can choose. FYI I wear a mask everywhere. Do I believe that it is helping, absolutely not, but I will continue to wear it.
What Georgia doctors? Besides, the only area that matters for the Upstate is what our local doctors and officials are saying. Yes, I believe this doctor. Yes, masks are helping. We just need the other 50% to start wearing them.
hypercycloid liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.