• The 2020 Season

#29791  by The Jackal
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:54 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:45 pm
Since some may be wanting some new gear for the upcoming season(?) just an FYI Fanatics no longer carries FU stuff. The only SoCon school not on their list. Prolly some more of ED’s shenanigans. :(
I haven't looked but if this is true (and even if not, it is true in general!) what is it with Furman and how you find Citadel and Wofford stuff in 5 times as many stores as ours??? Seriously. This is a definite problem. If you want to get your name out there you need your product out there. Clemson is freakin' everywhere - Walmart, gas stations, etc. I will be near Litchfield and there is a store that always has Citadel and Wofford hats. My friends always ask me, "where is the Furman stuff "? It pains me.

I agree that right now we have bigger issues... however, this has been going on for YEARS. Should be remedied once COVID Is past
To paraphrase an oft-repeated joke, "I wear this Furman shirt because I went to Furman. You wear that Clemson shirt because you went to Walmart"
Paladin82, dornb liked this
 #29792  by gofurman
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:04 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:54 pm
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Since some may be wanting some new gear for the upcoming season(?) just an FYI Fanatics no longer carries FU stuff. The only SoCon school not on their list. Prolly some more of ED’s shenanigans. :(
I haven't looked but if this is true (and even if not, it is true in general!) what is it with Furman and how you find Citadel and Wofford stuff in 5 times as many stores as ours??? Seriously. This is a definite problem. If you want to get your name out there you need your product out there. Clemson is freakin' everywhere - Walmart, gas stations, etc. I will be near Litchfield and there is a store that always has Citadel and Wofford hats. My friends always ask me, "where is the Furman stuff "? It pains me.

I agree that right now we have bigger issues... however, this has been going on for YEARS. Should be remedied once COVID Is past
To paraphrase an oft-repeated joke, "I wear this Furman shirt because I went to Furman. You wear that Clemson shirt because you went to Walmart"
agree. and the joke is funny. but Citadel? Wofford? There is some licensing junk that needs to be remedied. No doubt
 #29793  by palafan
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:24 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:56 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 pm
I found that comment so offensive I was physically shaking. I would not wish the death of a child on the worst Taliban terrorist.
To suggest that any of us would be happy about that is hateful.
You are right. I should not have said it. I deleted that sentence. I guess I’m just sick and tired of those that say the virus only affects older folks. But, that is no excuse. My apologies.
Just gonna leave this right here for you.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #AgeAndSex
 #29795  by Furmanoid
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

I’m not sure we want to get our name out there with the sports logo. I think we’re more into the bell tower stuff and only for the right sort of people- not a bunch of sports fans.
 #29800  by apaladin
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:21 pm
Anyone up for a trip to Hawaii? If UT cancels they have an open date and are looking for 3 non-conference games as their first 4 games have been cancelled. They just picked up Robert Morris fir Sept. 26.
fufanatic liked this
 #29801  by Flagman
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:23 pm
Spiritshop.com has purple attire that you can design yourself. You can't get the logo, but you can get some quality products. I have a nice lined jacket and a long sleeve shirt. I simply put "Furman Paladins" on them.

Furman needs to abandon that secondary logo (knight's head) and concentrate on our primary and classic "Diamond F".
apaladin, Davemeister, dornb liked this
 #29802  by Flagman
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:21 pm
Anyone up for a trip to Hawaii? If UT cancels they have an open date and are looking for 3 non-conference games as their first 4 games have been cancelled. They just picked up Robert Morris fir Sept. 26.
I'm all in! Aloha! It's probably the only way I'm getting there.
 #29803  by Furmanoid
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:26 pm
Flagman wrote:
Spiritshop.com has purple attire that you can design yourself. You can't get the logo, but you can get some quality products. I have a nice lined jacket and a long sleeve shirt. I simply put "Furman Paladins" on them.

Furman needs to abandon that secondary logo (knight's head) and concentrate on our primary and classic "Diamond F".
I really liked the silly cartoon paladin on a horse when I was a kid. I wish that was still available.
 #29804  by Flagman
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:28 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Flagman wrote:

I really liked the silly cartoon paladin on a horse when I was a kid. I wish that was still available.
I have a belt buckle with that logo on it. What's my opening bid?
 #29805  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:27 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Flagman wrote:

Coach Sheridan had all copies and source materials of artwork for that logo buried under the turf when we put the field in at Paladin Stadium. He was most definitely NOT a fan of that logo.
 #29807  by Furmanoid
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:51 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Flagman wrote:

Coach Sheridan had all copies and source materials of artwork for that logo buried under the turf when we put the field in at Paladin Stadium. He was most definitely NOT a fan of that logo.
It was good enough for Joe Williams.
 #29808  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:32 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:51 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Flagman wrote:

It was good enough for Joe Williams.
I guess...but so was this suit.

Who’s that old dude he’s hugging?
 #29809  by Furmanoid
 Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:43 pm
What’s wrong with that suit? Looks to me like Bill Gates got through the time tunnel. Or did Wooden come through the other way and start Microsoft?
 #29813  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:23 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:43 pm
What’s wrong with that suit?
I hope he got a free bowl of soup with it. Looks good on him though.

fufanatic liked this
 #29814  by Roundball
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:30 am
The clock is ticking. Everyday, the news is bad on having any football this fall. The ACC canceling it virtual media days is another bad sign. I put the odds of football in September at 10% and odds of playing any football this year at 25%. At this point, I am not counting on being at Paladin Stadium. However, one glimmer of hope is the fact that schools are spending money to get the players back on campus. I am holding on to the thought of a great year of basketball.

What day are our players scheduled to report?