• 2021 Recruiting

#28947  by Paul C
 Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:22 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:15 pm
Joshua Beadle (#110 ranking in 21 class) has listed Furman as one of his top 5 schools. Others listed are Wake Forest , VCU, Clemson, and CofC.. Looks like a good chance he stays in SC. Would be an incredible commit for Furman!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBgHuJRABVB ... gm7q9dmmse
Just to still be in the conversation at this point shows how far we've come....
paladinfan12 liked this
 #28969  by tya1
 Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 am
Probably helps that Furman had him in for an unofficial visit before the lockdowns started. Also helps that our offer was one of the earlier ones. Wofford waited about four months after our offer before jumping in, and did not make the cut. CofC was an early offer and Clemson, VCU, and Wake Forest were within the last month. I wonder if USC will try to jump in now. The Gamecocks have been "closely following" and "evaluating" for a long time without offering.
 #29079  by Monday
 Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:01 pm
Beadle will make his decision tomorrow.
In an interview he said he’s looking for: a family oriented team - check, a coach who develops players - check, a coach that produces pros - no check (but who in his final five does?), and a school with a good business program - double check.
Maybe we have a real chance.
FUKA61 liked this
 #29083  by RaleighDin
 Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:22 pm
To avoid getting my hopes up I'm going with Wake... Would be an unbelievable get though
 #29087  by tya1
 Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:46 pm
Beadle says now that he will wait awhile before making his decision. In a normal year most recruits would make their choice in the August- October time frame, so this isn't unusual.

He also appears to be in regular contact with Furman, so we are still in decent shape in his recruiting.
 #29194  by furpop16
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:54 pm
Beadle will announce this Saturday, according to GoUpstate.com:
A week after he had originally planned to announce his decisoin, 6-3 combo guard Joshua Beadle of Cardinal Newman will annouce his college decision Saturday. Beadle said he postponed his announcement last weekend because he couldn’t make a decision at that time. He is choosing from Clemson, Wake Forest, Furman, College of Charleston and Furman.
https://www.goupstate.com/sports/202006 ... ng-options

Note Furman gets mentioned twice … a simple typo, or a 'tell'?
 #29216  by Paul C
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:26 pm
I’m expecting Clemson but would love to be surprised.
 #29255  by apaladin
 Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:36 am
furpop16 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:24 am
Paul C wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:26 pm
I’m expecting Clemson but would love to be surprised.

The sh*thouse rumors are trending toward your expectations: https://247sports.com/college/clemson/A ... 148567880/
Says it came down to Furman and Clempson. At least we were close. Just one time I would like a top 100 player to do something different and not just fall in line with others.
furpop16 liked this
 #29273  by apaladin
 Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:34 pm
As expected he signed with Clempson today. I'm sure the CU offer was too much to turn down. :lol:
 #29275  by tya1
 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:29 pm
Beadle committed to Clemson. Signing date is November. As Furman fans know, every commit doesn't sign. It is more likely for football commits to change their minds, for whatever reason. Basketball commits usually stick.

Beadle did say today that playing in the ACC was the main reason he chose Clemson. He said all of his final five checked off all the boxes for what he was looking for.

As a side note it is odd how much the "star ratings" given out by various recruiting services seem purely reactionary. When Beadle was being recruited primarily by Furman, Wofford, Charleston, and ETSU, etc. he was a 2 star recruit. When he started getting offers from Clemson and Wake Forest he became a 3 star recruit. Today, after committing to Clemson he is a 4 star. It is almost like the recruiting "experts" rate players by who is recruiting them, not the opinions of the "experts." The first time I saw this phenomenon in action was when North Carolina signed a complete unknown to a scholarship. He wasn't rated in any top 100 lists or even top 500 lists. But, sure enough, soon afterwards he was a 3 star player getting named to top 100 recruit lists. It turned out the player was the son of one of Dean Smith's teammates at Kansas and Dean signed him as a favor to his buddy.
Last edited by tya1 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roundball liked this
 #29280  by Roundball
 Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:50 am
Beadle quoted in the Charleston P&C saying playing in the ACC was important. He also said the degree from Clemson weighed over the other schools. “That made a big difference.”
 #29281  by Furmanoid
 Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:50 am
Beadle quoted in the Charleston P&C saying playing in the ACC was important. He also said the degree from Clemson weighed over the other schools. “That made a big difference.”
The degree remark is a little bit of a bummer but it does reflect the thinking of pretty much every SC kid I talk to.
 #29289  by Furmanoid
 Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:46 pm
If, God forbid, there is no football this year and everybody gets another year of eligibility, does that mean some of these recruits are just out of luck (no scholarship available)?
 #29308  by fufanatic
 Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:48 am
Pretty remarkable that a player was deciding between Clemson and Furman. Shows just how far our program has come.
din23 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.