#29196  by cavedweller2
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:05 pm
Havent seen those yet.
 #29198  by Roundball
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:05 pm
Havent seen those yet.
I tried several and did some homework. These are the most comfortable. I figured if a company sells mainly to the medical industry, the products must be good.
 #29200  by cavedweller2
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:23 pm
Dude at Costco wasnt very happy when I walked in with my full face respirator. Meets their criteria though.
Roundball liked this
 #29205  by Roundball
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:02 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:57 pm
Just curious Roundball, what kind of mask do you wear? N-95, Surgical, Cloth, full face respirator?
Roundball getting ready to go to the grocery store:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/29/cb ... 5727d7.jpg
Dang. My wife swore not to share that picture.
apaladin liked this
 #29208  by FurmAlum
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:40 pm
That coach at Dutch Fork (Tom Knotts) that was quoted in the article from The State was a boyhood pal of mine. We grew up in a small town in N.C. (Albemarle) and played backyard and organized sports together (football, basketball, and baseball) from about age 5 thru high school. He lived right down the street about 100 yards.

I played basketball and golf in high school and he played football, basketball, and tennis. Tom's dad played football at Duke in the late 1940's and his Uncle Bear was an All-American on Duke's 1949 Rose Bowl team. He was a quarterback in high school and followed in his Dad's footsteps to Duke where he was a DB. He got into HS coaching after graduating from Duke in 1978 and coached around the Charlotte, N.C area at Garinger, West Charlotte, and Independence. I think he won 6 straight N.C. 6A high school state championships at Independence. He might be the winningest H.S. coach in North Carolina history. He retired a few years ago and moved to Dutch Fork H.S. in the Columbia, S.C. area and has won multiple state titles there. Our player, Hugh Ryan, is from Dutch Fork.
Roundball liked this
 #29210  by FurmAlum
 Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 pm
It would surely help if people would use some common sense. I know that is too much to ask for but dadgummit.

There was a restaurant/bar cited here yesterday for having 160 people in there shoulder to shoulder. I didn't think it was big enough to hold over 60-70.

We're in the process of stupiding ourselves out of a football and maybe basketball season. I hope I'm wrong.
hypercycloid liked this
 #29228  by apaladin
 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:38 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:17 am
Morehouse (Div. II) cancelling its season.
Sounds like a good publicity stunt. Only time you MIGHT here Morehouse mentioned. Meanwhile the Paladins have begun their annual twitter countdown to kickoff by featuring players in the their unis. 71 days.
 #29229  by Furmanoid
 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:41 am
I was talking with some teachers and coaches yesterday as we are trying to get practices started. On this side of the river the Ed department and schsl are pretty much mired in indecision. The guidelines for opening schools are so unworkable that there is almost no way to have school unless the virus just magically goes away. As far as practices go we are in “phase I” which allows conditioning only. That’s ok except that they really don’t know how you get to Phase II and what phase II is. It’s all TBD. There needs to be clarity in the next few weeks. What worries me is that they seem to be focused on new cases and there are going to be new cases, so I guess no school and no football. The parents and kids present were unanimous in thinking it’s all stupid, and several kids were pretty sure they already got it when the mystery non flu ran through schools in the winter. I’m just hoping that numbers are accelerating fast enough now(thanks largely to you Greenville people) that the natural peak will be reached in the next couple of weeks. At least so far the deaths per week have remained stable even though cases and hospitalizations are way up.
 #29233  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 am
I had a conversation with a highly credible source who works with Prisma Health. They have been conducting numerous testing clinics across Greenville County. According to this individual there is concern about the spread of the virus in the Hispanic community. He said 1/3 of the positives they are getting are from the Hispanic community. Their projections show that as many as 25% out of a population between 20000 and 25000 could be infected. That is a large number. I have no reason to doubt this as the source is highly credible.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:23 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:45 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.