• "Absolute Basketball" interview with Coach Richey

#28447  by furpop16
 Sat May 30, 2020 2:39 pm
Workmanlike 45 minute interview with Coach: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0476064099

Three things impressed me: first CBR's consistency. Longtime followers of FurmanHoops won't find a lot new, here. But isn't that refreshing that our young coach has already adopted a formula that works for him and works, period? No flavor-of-the-month gyrations; no "where did that come from?" revelations or pronouncements; simply a relentless focus on what we've been hearing all along. But don't think for a moment this is a boring 45 minute rehash. That's the second thing that impresses me - Coach doesn't "mail it in" in these interviews. This is just one more example of Coach delivering his sermon refreshingly and with conviction. I don't think I'm alone in saying I can never get enough of CBR's basketball insight in particular and life-messages in general. Third and finally, the interviewer Jamie Shaw does an excellent job, here. He's clearly done his homework in crafting each of his questions. And the scope of the interview - from Bob's coaching journey to his coaching philosophy, to his expectations for the league, the schedule, the team, and individual player particulars - left me feeling fulfilled. Play this while doing house-chores this weekend and see if you don't find yourself hitting "rewind" more than a few times. I'm hoping listeners will enjoy it as much as I did.
FUKA61, Roundball, FurmAlum liked this
 #28462  by Affirm
 Sun May 31, 2020 2:07 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:39 pm
Workmanlike 45 minute interview with Coach: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0476064099

Three things impressed me: first CBR's consistency. Longtime followers of FurmanHoops won't find a lot new, here. But isn't that refreshing that our young coach has already adopted a formula that works for him and works, period? No flavor-of-the-month gyrations; no "where did that come from?" revelations or pronouncements; simply a relentless focus on what we've been hearing all along. But don't think for a moment this is a boring 45 minute rehash. That's the second thing that impresses me - Coach doesn't "mail it in" in these interviews. This is just one more example of Coach delivering his sermon refreshingly and with conviction. I don't think I'm alone in saying I can never get enough of CBR's basketball insight in particular and life-messages in general. Third and finally, the interviewer Jamie Shaw does an excellent job, here. He's clearly done his homework in crafting each of his questions. And the scope of the interview - from Bob's coaching journey to his coaching philosophy, to his expectations for the league, the schedule, the team, and individual player particulars - left me feeling fulfilled. Play this while doing house-chores this weekend and see if you don't find yourself hitting "rewind" more than a few times. I'm hoping listeners will enjoy it as much as I did.
Thanks!
furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by rangab

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Default Avatar starting lineup projection

by furpop16

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:58 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:53 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.