• Early 2021 SoCon 'predict the standings'

#27053  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:13 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:38 pm
I want Wofford to suck so bad. I want them to be terrible. And after they lost Jackson, Magee, and Aluma last year I thought for sure we would mop the floor with them.... but they still outplayed us in all 3 games against them this year.

Now they lose Stump, Hoover, and Goodwin. They have no players with any real size who have contributed in the past few seasons. They have to be terrible... right?
Not to mention losin' MIKE YOUNG AT HEAD COACH to the ACC ! and they still beat us. good grief.

They will stink next year, book it
 #27066  by gofurman
 Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:40 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:13 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:38 pm
I want Wofford to suck so bad. I want them to be terrible. And after they lost Jackson, Magee, and Aluma last year I thought for sure we would mop the floor with them.... but they still outplayed us in all 3 games against them this year.

Now they lose Stump, Hoover, and Goodwin. They have no players with any real size who have contributed in the past few seasons. They have to be terrible... right?
Not to mention losin' MIKE YOUNG AT HEAD COACH to the ACC ! and they still beat us. good grief.

They will stink next year, book it
Love it - let's get em'. Go Furman !!
 #27580  by DungeonRealm
 Fri May 01, 2020 2:58 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:49 pm
1) Furman (locked and loaded)
2) UNCG (Miller and some nice other pieces)
3) UTC (they have potential to be solid)
4) ETSU (will Forbes stay until next season and find more transfers for ETSU?)
5) WCU (some talent forming in the Whee)
6) Mercer (also a team with some talent)
7) VMI (will be an improved VMI team)
8) Wofford (not much at all coming back for the rat dogs who lost 16 games last year)
9) Samford (new coach, they will struggle)
10) Citadel (what can you say, last year for Duggar)

With Forbes leaving ETSU, Furman and UNCG appear to be even more likely to be the battle at the top of the standings next season
 #27581  by DungeonRealm
 Fri May 01, 2020 3:06 pm
NCAA board does not recommend change to transfer waiver process
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... er-process

The NCAA Division I Board of Directors said Thursday that it does not recommend potential changes to the transfer waiver process.

The Division I Council is expected to vote on a one-time transfer waiver in May that would allow student-athletes in football, men's and women's basketball, baseball and men's ice hockey to transfer and compete immediately at their new school. As it stands, student-athletes in those five sports have to sit out one year before competing.

The Transfer Waiver Working Group recommended waiver guidelines change to allow the one-time transfer waiver, but while the Board of Directors recommended lifting the moratorium on transfer legislation, it disagreed on changing the waiver process.

"The board agreed to lift the moratorium on transfer legislation for the 2020-21 legislative cycle but recommended to the Council that changes to the waiver process as suggested by the working group are not appropriate at this time," the NCAA's statement said. "Board members recommended the waiver process be sensitive to student-athlete well-being, especially those impacted by COVID-19 in the interim period."

This casts doubt on the passage of a one-time transfer waiver, which is expected to be voted on by the Division I Council on May 20. If it passes, it is unclear whether it would go into effect immediately or for the 2021-22 academic year.
 #27752  by PaladinPower
 Tue May 12, 2020 9:35 am
ETSU’s Daivien Williamson has entered the transfer portal.

With that, the team is now set to lose 5 seniors and their 2 best players that weren’t seniors, their head coach and most of the staff... Can they pull a Wofford and return to the Monday night game in Asheville?
 #27758  by DungeonRealm
 Tue May 12, 2020 11:48 am
PaladinPower wrote:

With that, the team is now set to lose 5 seniors and their 2 best players that weren’t seniors, their head coach and most of the staff... Can they pull a Wofford and return to the Monday night game in Asheville?
Hope they pull a woffy and lose 16 games next year
paladinfan12 liked this
 #27759  by Roundball
 Tue May 12, 2020 12:11 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:48 am
PaladinPower wrote:

Hope they pull a woffy and lose 16 games next year
I don’t care if Woffy goes 30-3 next year. Just make sure those three loses come against our Paladins. Beat Woffy.
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #28311  by DungeonRealm
 Mon May 25, 2020 7:08 pm
The mass exodus at ETSU continues, along with losing 5 seniors and their head coach, Bo Hodges is now transferring Butler and Daivien Williamson is looking to transfer to Wake Forest or San Diego St.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by FUATT

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:38 pm

User avatar TV

by MNORM

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

Default Avatar WCU at Montana

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Default Avatar WCU at Montana

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by rangab

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.