• 2020-21 Schedule

#27674  by apaladin
 Thu May 07, 2020 2:40 pm
Paladin Power requested it so hear it goes. Please update as warranted. Known so far:
12/17 at Louisville
at Winthrop
at Loyola-Chicago
at Alabama
Last edited by apaladin on Sat May 16, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
furpop16 and 1 others liked this
 #27675  by fufanatic
 Thu May 07, 2020 3:14 pm
apaladin wrote:
Paladin Power requested it so hear it goes. Please update as warranted. Known so far:
at Louisville
at Winthrop
at Loyola-Chicago
at Alabama
Maybe we worked a 2-for-1 with Alabama with the 1 being at the Well? That would be awesome, but I'll believe it when I see it.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #27739  by furpop16
 Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm
[Bringing this over from the 'Memorable Games' thread]:
soconjohn wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:40 pm
Early Prediction: Furman beats either Louisville or Alabama next year.

That's a super prediction, SoConJohn. I just got the feeling the guys were wobbly at facing The Tide, but learned too late in the game they were beatable after all. Then they went mano-a-mano with Auburn where the guys removed any doubt they were as good as anybody. If they can keep the fire through the summer they'll be prepped for doing some damage in the OOC. One poster on the 'Bama board put it simply: "Don't sleep on the Paladins."
fufanatic liked this
 #27756  by apaladin
 Tue May 12, 2020 10:48 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:40 am
Would absolutely love to get the College of Charleston back on our schedule. They are playing The Citadel this season. https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/r ... 80e3e.html
Prolly not going to happen. Big difference playing Citadel at home and playing FU anywhere. CofC just scheduled an almost sure D1 win at home so good for them.
 #27887  by PaladinPower
 Sat May 16, 2020 2:35 pm
Sources reporting that Duquesne is close to making a deal to play Furman at a neutral site. ETSU also close to striking a matchup.

Would be a fantastic neutral site game with a quality A10 opponent. Hope the deal gets sealed!

Also - Louisville game has been scheduled for Thursday, December 17th.
Roundball liked this
 #27888  by apaladin
 Sat May 16, 2020 4:01 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Sources reporting that Duquesne is close to making a deal to play Furman at a neutral site. ETSU also close to striking a matchup.

Would be a fantastic neutral site game with a quality A10 opponent. Hope the deal gets sealed!

Thanks for the update PP. I have updated the OP to reflect this. Like the Duquesne game. Hopefully it will happen. Proll part of a DH or one of those funky tourneys thats not really a tourney, lol.
 #27890  by Affirm
 Sat May 16, 2020 5:40 pm
I like the rumor about a game with Duquesne. That would be a good opponent. I realize the rumor indicates "neutral site", so I wonder where that would be and why.
It would be good to get more A10 opponents in the future. Pittsburgh is not too far away, and there are 5 other A10 schools that are even nearer to Furman than Duquesne is: Davidson of course, Richmond, VCU, George Mason, and George Washington.
It would be good to have at least one A10 opponent and at least one CAA opponent on our schedule every year.
 #27893  by apaladin
 Sat May 16, 2020 7:45 pm
Most of the preseason tournaments have filled up or are pretty close to filling up. No Furman sitings or other SoCon except WCU who is in the HOF classic but don’t think they will actually go to Kansa City. They play Norfolk St., Elon snd SC. 2 of those are on the road. Sammy is having their own tournament but no big names.
 #28199  by DungeonRealm
 Thu May 21, 2020 11:39 am
PaladinPower wrote:

Duquesne would be a good add indeed!
 #28299  by 76MrMoto
 Mon May 25, 2020 12:11 pm
Charleston "Post and Courier" had good article a couple of days ago about Citadel and College of Charleston playing a men’s BB game this year. Title of article is "College of Charleston Mad About The Citadel's $65,000 basketball tab". You can find this article at;
https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... 718d9.html
The article is long so be sure to read last paragraph about C of C having homes games with UNC, VCU, Georgia State and Richmond. Interesting they can get home games like these while we load up on Division II and III opponents.
I must give credit where credit is due and that is to El Cid’s BB coach for getting C of C to pay them $65,000 to drive a couple of miles to an away game at C of C. Since El Cid men’s BB coach may get fired in next year or two, when and if this happens, Furman should hire him to arrange FU’s men’s BB schedule.
 #28302  by FUKA61
 Mon May 25, 2020 12:45 pm
If they are paying Citadel to drive a few miles $65,000 imagine what they are paying the other teams that you mentioned.
 #28303  by Furmanoid
 Mon May 25, 2020 1:26 pm
When I go there they have good crowds and sell lots of beverages so they may break even.
 #28742  by underjack
 Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:27 pm
Per tonight's Cincinnati 's WLW radio sports report at 6:15 pm, the UC Bearcats will host Furman on 12/15/20. Announcer noted that it is a guaranteed $$$ for the Dins. He provided basic complimentary info on Furman's team from this past season. Game will be played in Cincy's downtown 5th/3rd Bank arena, right on the Ohio River.
Excellent Midwest exposure for our Dins.
furpop16, Roundball, FUKA61 and 2 others liked this
 #28744  by furpop16
 Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 pm
apaladin wrote:
12/15 at Cincinnati (44)
12/17 at Louisville (9)
at Winthrop (140)
at Loyola-Chicago (101)
at Alabama (60)
v Duquesne? (95)
I added the last known KenPom rankings to each opponent (in parenthesis). Assuming Duquesne gets booked that's an average of 75. That's a respectable road show.
Affirm, FUKA61, Fessor and 2 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:15 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.