• All Din Podcast #20

#2764  by Paul C
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:33 pm
Bob calls out Jalen Williams, Alex Hunter and Jordan Lyons as taking their games up a notch over the offseason. Really stressed that Jalen and Alex had made strides.

Also said Andrew Brown back to 100% and Matt Rafferty has had his best offseason of his career.

Thinks they’ll RS one of the Fr but not sure which one.
Jasper, FUKA61 liked this
 #2768  by Paul C
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 pm
Have one open spot we are negotiating to fill. Reading between the lines it sounds like we had a verbal agreement with someone who backed out.

He confirmed Villanova, Loyola (Chi) and LSU.
 #2771  by tya1
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 am
Paul C wrote:
Bob calls out Jalen Williams, Alex Hunter and Jordan Lyons as taking their games up a notch over the offseason. Really stressed that Jalen and Alex had made strides.

Also said Andrew Brown back to 100% and Matt Rafferty has had his best offseason of his career.

In a photo from mid July the team members were standing with the speaker who had delivered a team talk. Half the players were wearing purple jerseys and half were wearing white. The purple team included Rafferty, Brown, Lyons, Hunter and Williams. That said "preseason starting team" to me. The latest podcast verified it.

We have red-shirted a big man the previous three years, but if we are going with a bigger line-up this year it could be a guard this year.
 #2778  by fufanatic
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:11 am
Williams upping his game would be hugeeeee. Also great to hear about AB and MR. We need those guys big time this year.
Jasper liked this
 #2779  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:23 am
tya1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 am
Paul C wrote:

In a photo from mid July the team members were standing with the speaker who had delivered a team talk. Half the players were wearing purple jerseys and half were wearing white. The purple team included Rafferty, Brown, Lyons, Hunter and Williams. That said "preseason starting team" to me. The latest podcast verified it.

We have red-shirted a big man the previous three years, but if we are going with a bigger line-up this year it could be a guard this year.

If that is indeed the case that's interesting/intriguing for sure, if so I would suspect the depth to look something like:

PG Hunter, Taylor
SG Lyons, Bothwell
SF Brown, Mounce, Clark
PF Rafferty, Gurley
C Williams, Slawson

Possibly redshirt Pugh
But of course that's just my simplistic guess on things, I suspect there will be some really good battles for playing time going on prior to the season in November, hopefully these guys will continue to push each other every single day
FUKA61 liked this
 #2780  by Jasper
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm
I know that Jalen Williams has been working very hard to develop some productive offensive moves. If he is able to improve offensively the way Kris Acox did, this kid will be a monster player for us. He loves to rebound and if he gets to the point where he can stick those back into the hoop on a consistent basis, he will be a real force - not to mention a little jump hook off an inside feed. We've lost some great guards from a guard oriented offense and Jalen's development would allow for an offense that may fit the current players better. Perhaps a hi-lo double post where Raff moves away from the basket as a passer/short jump shooter with Jalen roaming the baseline, setting corner screens for Brown, etc.
 #2786  by fufanatic
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 pm
Anyone know where that Loyola game will be? Would be super convenient if it was in Chicago.
 #2787  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:50 pm
Wouldn't Taylor be more of a SG than PG since he is a big time scorer??
 #2789  by CharlieFU
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:27 pm
I am guessing Slawson gets redshirted before Pugh does.
 #2791  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:26 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:50 pm
Wouldn't Taylor be more of a SG than PG since he is a big time scorer??

Leading scorer in the country last year was freshman PG 6'2 180lb Trae Young

Enter Furman freshman PG 6'2 190lb Andrew Taylor :D

Haha would be cool though right!
 #2794  by Paul C
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Anyone know where that Loyola game will be? Would be super convenient if it was in Chicago.
I am 99.9% sure it is.
 #2795  by tya1
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:12 pm
fufanatic wrote:
It is in Chicago. Bob Richey mentioned it on the podcast.
fufanatic liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.