• Darlington Race

#27906  by Roundball
 Sun May 17, 2020 5:10 pm
I don’t give a hoot about car racing, but it is good to see a sport being proactive about delivering a quality product for its fans. Maybe it’s the start of restarting sports. People are starved for live sports, even watching cars going around and around.
 #27907  by Flagman
 Sun May 17, 2020 6:16 pm
The best we can call it is "telesports". Just like the made-for-tv golf match on NBC this afternoon. Just call it an exhibition.
 #27910  by Roundball
 Sun May 17, 2020 8:00 pm
Flagman wrote:
The best we can call it is "telesports". Just like the made-for-tv golf match on NBC this afternoon. Just call it an exhibition.
"Telesports" brings in the bucks. Plus, even you want to call it an exhibition, it was a brilliant marketing and PR move. In addition, both events brought in millions for charities. I call it a huge positive win for our country. If nothing else, the events had gave us a good feeling, especially on top of a Sunday in which many churches opened back up their doors. It's been a great Sunday.
 #27911  by FurmAlum
 Sun May 17, 2020 10:36 pm
Roundball wrote:
Flagman wrote:
"Telesports" brings in the bucks. Plus, even you want to call it an exhibition, it was a brilliant marketing and PR move. In addition, both events brought in millions for charities. I call it a huge positive win for our country. If nothing else, the events had gave us a good feeling, especially on top of a Sunday in which many churches opened back up their doors. It's been a great Sunday.
I really enjoyed watching those guys out there in shorts carrying their own bags too. It was inspiring. Maybe it will encourage people to get off their asses and get out there on the golf course and walk. I played earlier in the day and shot my best round of the year, so I was already inspired.
Davemeister liked this
 #27912  by Affirm
 Mon May 18, 2020 7:09 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Flagman wrote:
I really enjoyed watching those guys out there in shorts carrying their own bags too. It was inspiring. Maybe it will encourage people to get off their asses and get out there on the golf course and walk. I played earlier in the day and shot my best round of the year, so I was already inspired.
The race car drivers were in shorts & carrying bags? Why would that inspire people to go walking on some golf course? 8-)
 #27971  by FurmAlum
 Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 pm
affirm wrote:
FurmAlum wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Flagman wrote:
The race car drivers were in shorts & carrying bags? Why would that inspire people to go walking on some golf course? 8-)
Sorry Affirm. I was talking about the pro golfers McIlroy,Johnson,Fowler, and Wolfe wearing shorts and carrying their own bags in that charity event at Seminole Golf Club on NBC Sun. afternoon. We're not used to seeing the golf pros wearing shorts or playing without caddies. Makes em look more down to earth.
Race car drivers in shorts and carrying bags makes me want to laugh, too. I guess they could be carrying cans of gas. :D
 #28005  by Affirm
 Tue May 19, 2020 9:11 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 pm
affirm wrote:
FurmAlum wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Sorry Affirm. I was talking about the pro golfers McIlroy,Johnson,Fowler, and Wolfe wearing shorts and carrying their own bags in that charity event at Seminole Golf Club on NBC Sun. afternoon. We're not used to seeing the golf pros wearing shorts or playing without caddies. Makes em look more down to earth.
Race car drivers in shorts and carrying bags makes me want to laugh, too. I guess they could be carrying cans of gas. :D
Thanks, sincerely, for filling me in on the details about the pro golfers event. I was making a weak attempt to be funny by what I wrote. I did not view either event. I am sure the race drivers had on some very serious PPE. Wonder what their crews had on. 🤔

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.