• Tre Clark transferring to Rice

#27776  by tya1
 Tue May 12, 2020 10:05 pm
He will be immediately able to play as a grad transfer.

Rice has had several players transfer out and Clark may have a good chance at meaningful playing time.
furpop16 liked this
 #27777  by furpop16
 Tue May 12, 2020 10:49 pm
tya1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:05 pm
He will be immediately able to play as a grad transfer.

Rice has had several players transfer out and Clark may have a good chance at meaningful playing time.

Outstanding graduate university. Reflects as strongly on Clark's scholarship as well as his athleticism. His home is listed as Palmetto, FL. He probably thinks summers get hot there. He's about to be shocked.
MNORM liked this
 #27802  by fufanatic
 Wed May 13, 2020 2:31 pm
Good for him. Outstanding academics, great university, decent city. Smart to get two degrees for the price of one. And as Tya mentioned, they were 15-17 last year in a conference worse than the SoCon. He should get a legit chance to start and worst case a legit chance to play major minutes. If he develops any sort of jump shot/FT ability, he could be all-conference with his defensive ability. Just my opinion.
dornb liked this
 #27864  by soconjohn
 Fri May 15, 2020 8:23 am
What a good young man Tre Clark is...I hope he has an awesome season, and I will be pulling for his Owls to do well this season...He will make them a better basketball team because of what he does on the defensive end and on offense, his sheer athleticism and activity on the glass will be fun for Rice fans to watch.
furpop16, dornb, fufanatic and 1 others liked this
 #33408  by tya1
 Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:26 pm
Clark has indeed begun the season in the starting lineup for Rice. He had 6 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals , and a blocked shot in his first game against D1 Immaculate Word - typical Tre Clark game, a little bit of everything (except outside shooting.) In their second game against a non D1 team Clark had a career high 14 rebounds.

Rice won both games. Rice also starts Travis Evee, who transferred from VMI after last season and Max Fiedler, a player from Florida we were after heavily when he was in HS.
Roundball liked this