Fred Garvin wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:19 am
I plan on normalcy.....
1. I will attend Furman games and have fun
2. I will attend Carolina games and have fun
3. I will return to doing what I love to do 24/7

I lived at Woodwinds. I am immune.

#woodwindsimmunizationworks
I have double immunity. I lived at Woodwinds and at the Bat Cave.
 #27754  by Davemeister
 Tue May 12, 2020 10:22 am
Yes, we should listen to the experts.

Dr. Fauci was asked if it's OK to have sex with someone you meet on Tinder. He said sure, go ahead.

Any dude who can service his hook-up and maintain social distancing of at least six feet is a man we can all look up to.
tim, fupaladin01 liked this
 #27771  by Affirm
 Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm
California State University System has announced decision to continue most classes as online, rather than in person, for fall semester 2020. The system includes 3 FBS schools (Fresno State, San Jose State, and San Diego State) and 2 FCS schools (Sacramento State and CSU San Luis Obispo). So college football is very possibly going to be significantly impacted in that state.
 #27773  by soconjohn
 Tue May 12, 2020 7:48 pm
Fauchi says you can get it from droplets of saliva but not sweat or other bodily fluids...Is this a joke? lol...Just don't cough but bleed and sweat all you like...As for the Tinder comment...Hilarious.
 #27774  by FUBeAR
 Tue May 12, 2020 8:05 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:48 pm
Fauchi says you can get it from droplets of saliva but not sweat or other bodily fluids...Is this a joke? lol...Just don't cough but bleed and sweat all you like...As for the Tinder comment...Hilarious.
What about snot? That’s an other bodily fluid, that ain’t ‘zactly saliva, and is quite prevalent in football games & conversations about football games. FUBeAR needs to know Dr. Fauci’s position on snot!
Chuckles liked this
 #27775  by tim
 Tue May 12, 2020 8:52 pm
Ahh, Clown Fauci and Clown Birx, nothing like them.
 #27778  by apaladin
 Wed May 13, 2020 1:32 am
Just say for arguments sake colleges have online classes for the next semester. Can someone tell me why anyone would pay say 20k to do that?
Last edited by apaladin on Wed May 13, 2020 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #27779  by apaladin
 Wed May 13, 2020 1:34 am
affirm wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm
California State University System has announced decision to continue most classes as online, rather than in person, for fall semester 2020. The system includes 3 FBS schools (Fresno State, San Jose State, and San Diego State) and 2 FCS schools (Sacramento State and CSU San Luis Obispo). So college football is very possibly going to be significantly impacted in that state.
Again, why would they make such a huge decision like that so far in advance? Of course it is California. :o
 #27783  by CharlieFU
 Wed May 13, 2020 7:12 am
Interesting thread. That’s about all I got to say. Well, one thing. We don’t really know very much about this virus.
 #27792  by apaladin
 Wed May 13, 2020 10:20 am
As expected this whole situation has turned into a big mess. When this first started I said it its going to be a lot easier to shutdown than to get things going again. To shutdaown it only took a few people, the President and Governors basically. Now there are litereally thousands making decisions on what, when where and how to get things going. Opinios are all over the place.Just a big mess!!
 #27798  by Roundball
 Wed May 13, 2020 11:46 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:20 am
As expected this whole situation has turned into a big mess. When this first started I said it its going to be a lot easier to shutdown than to get things going again. To shutdaown it only took a few people, the President and Governors basically. Now there are litereally thousands making decisions on what, when where and how to get things going. Opinios are all over the place.Just a big mess!!
I’m glad more than a few people are involved. People are still dying. The decisions being made are literally life and death. Praying those in charge make the right decisions after much thought and prayer.
 #27804  by fufanatic
 Wed May 13, 2020 2:52 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm
For those of you concerned about mask wearing and social distancing at games- are you aware of how this virus spreads? And do you have any evidence of people you know catching Coronavirus from standing too close to someone? Even someone who sneezed?
IF the person in the seat right next to you in Paladin Stadium were infected AND sneezed or coughed (unlikely since it means they have symptoms and would likely be at home), then those particles would immediately dissipate into the fresh air whereupon the sample of virus would be so diluted that IF some of the particles landed on you AND somehow survived hours in the sunlight (studies show the virus dies in under an hour in sunlight), and IF you put your hand on one of those places the particles landed, you could still avoid ANY virus getting into your body by simply washing your hands before the next time you touch your face or your food.
The virus spreads through extended periods of "close contact" which is more akin to sharing a meal with family members, tending to the sick, kissing, etc. I don't know about you, but i don't do this with strangers around me at the game. You will be fine. Stop the panic. Stop the madness. Start the economy. Start football.
I suspect we would differ on a lot of topics as related to this virus and the handling of it, but I'm hard pressed to disagree with you on this. I do think the likelihood of catching it from someone sitting beside you at an open air stadium would be small, probably almost impossible as long as you're not consistently high-fiving and then wiping your face or mouth.

HOWEVER, the fans sitting in the seats aren't the only ones that make up a game. I still don't know how you protect the folks in the press box, the coaches on the sideline and most importantly the players on the field with where we are at right now. Can we reach a point where nearly unlimited tests are available that can be turned around super quickly and are super cheap so you can test every player and support staff member two hours before kickoff? If the answer is yes, then we probably have a much better chance at regular football in the fall.
 #27805  by apaladin
 Wed May 13, 2020 4:11 pm
Good news from the Florida Governor. In a news conference today he said pro sports teams are welcome to practice and play in Florida. He also stated that if any leagues had areas where they would not let them play he said they were welcome to come to Florida and they would find them a place to play. He is following the lead of the Arizona governor who said sports could resume this Saturday.
 #27806  by FU3
 Wed May 13, 2020 4:19 pm
People are going to go to the bathroom (as we all know not exactly state of the art filtration and air flow system in our facilities) move thru narrow tunnels between the concourse and seats etc. I will be happy to make a bet that Furman will absolutely require masks and make significant changes to seating should games be played. The really tough question is how to keep players, coaches and staff safe in an environment where any social distancing by the nature of the game is impossible. Add to the fact that college age kids in general and sports teams specifically are going to spend lots of time together outside of formal settings no matter what rules are put in place. I assume countless hours are being spent trying to figure out how to accomplish all this while minimizing risks.