• The 2020 Season

#27720  by cavedweller2
 Sun May 10, 2020 2:25 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:27 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:41 am
If I am required to wear a mask to an outdoor football game I won’t go.
Suppose they are NOT required: Will you go (or stay) if NO ONE ELSE is wearing a 😷 mask?
Yes I will go if they are not required. Think about it. IF they are required more than likely we will be in a situation where the games will not occur anyway. Will the players wear masks?
 #27721  by Roundball
 Sun May 10, 2020 2:33 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:25 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:27 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Suppose they are NOT required: Will you go (or stay) if NO ONE ELSE is wearing a 😷 mask?
Yes I will go if they are not required. Think about it. IF they are required more than likely we will be in a situation where the games will not occur anyway. Will the players wear masks?
Where have you been? Football players have been wearing face masks for years. 😄
 #27723  by cavedweller2
 Sun May 10, 2020 2:56 pm
Maybe instead of football helmets the players can wear full face shield motorcycle style helmets.
 #27724  by Affirm
 Sun May 10, 2020 6:10 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:33 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
If masks are not required, I won’t go.
So you do not plan to go in either case.
OK.
Wonder how many people there are who are like you, not planning to go in any case if the games are played, due to the pandemic.
Of course, you did not say in your case that it is because of the pandemic. Perhaps you were not planning to go even before the pandemic.
 #27732  by Flagman
 Mon May 11, 2020 9:13 am
The Flags will be present, regardless of any requirements or restrictions. If no fans are allowed, we will set up our usual tailgate in the parking lot and stream it to our TV under our tents. That might require a lot of date use and a bigger TV; whatever it takes.
MNORM, FUBeAR, Riz Dawg liked this
 #27734  by soconjohn
 Mon May 11, 2020 2:38 pm
I'll be optimistic here and say football season happens...But I think I'd be lying if I said I think it will be a lot different, and maybe for the foreseeable future...Not sure all the changes that will be made, as I think it will affect places that draw larger crowds like Clemson and South Carolina than say Furman, however, I think we could see either a limited amount of fans for each venue, no fans, or a later start to the season. All are still on the table. If this college football season doesn't happen, you could see FCS football no longer exist as we know it...That's why every effort will be made to play in my opinion...It's financially everything for some FCS schools, and most directly I am referring to the HBCUs first...They use a lot of student tuition money to fund football...Without students on campus and no football, it could be the end for programs like NC A&T and SCSU...But I think every precaution will be taken to make this season happen...It has to...One crazy off note thing I found out today is that Argentina won't allow commercial flights into their country until Sept.1...That has pushed World Cup qualifying and Copa Liberatadores back four months...It was originally supposed to resume May 6...This whole thing has thrown the entire world off track...I have never seen anything like it...I would have believed I would see little green men before I saw a day when the world completely shut down.
 #27736  by Flagman
 Mon May 11, 2020 3:49 pm
Flagman wrote:
The Flags will be present, regardless of any requirements or restrictions. If no fans are allowed, we will set up our usual tailgate in the parking lot and stream it to our TV under our tents. That might require a lot of data use and a bigger TV; whatever it takes.
By the way, everyone is invited. BYOF&B (Food and booze and/or drinks), chairs.
 #27737  by FUBeAR
 Mon May 11, 2020 4:15 pm
Flagman wrote:
Flagman wrote:
The Flags will be present, regardless of any requirements or restrictions. If no fans are allowed, we will set up our usual tailgate in the parking lot and stream it to our TV under our tents. That might require a lot of data use and a bigger TV; whatever it takes.
BYOM also?
 #27740  by fupaladin01
 Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm
For those of you concerned about mask wearing and social distancing at games- are you aware of how this virus spreads? And do you have any evidence of people you know catching Coronavirus from standing too close to someone? Even someone who sneezed?
IF the person in the seat right next to you in Paladin Stadium were infected AND sneezed or coughed (unlikely since it means they have symptoms and would likely be at home), then those particles would immediately dissipate into the fresh air whereupon the sample of virus would be so diluted that IF some of the particles landed on you AND somehow survived hours in the sunlight (studies show the virus dies in under an hour in sunlight), and IF you put your hand on one of those places the particles landed, you could still avoid ANY virus getting into your body by simply washing your hands before the next time you touch your face or your food.
The virus spreads through extended periods of "close contact" which is more akin to sharing a meal with family members, tending to the sick, kissing, etc. I don't know about you, but i don't do this with strangers around me at the game. You will be fine. Stop the panic. Stop the madness. Start the economy. Start football.
cavedweller2, tim, apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #27741  by cavedweller2
 Mon May 11, 2020 5:51 pm
Except keep the golf courses at 1 to a cart. 3 and 1/2 hour foursomes with hackers that cant break 90 are most excellent.
 #27743  by FU3
 Mon May 11, 2020 6:09 pm
If only the rest of the world would have listened to the epidemiologists on this site we could have wrapped this thing up in about a weekend.
76MrMoto, hypercycloid and 1 others liked this
 #27744  by Roundball
 Mon May 11, 2020 6:54 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm
For those of you concerned about mask wearing and social distancing at games- are you aware of how this virus spreads? And do you have any evidence of people you know catching Coronavirus from standing too close to someone? Even someone who sneezed?
IF the person in the seat right next to you in Paladin Stadium were infected AND sneezed or coughed (unlikely since it means they have symptoms and would likely be at home), then those particles would immediately dissipate into the fresh air whereupon the sample of virus would be so diluted that IF some of the particles landed on you AND somehow survived hours in the sunlight (studies show the virus dies in under an hour in sunlight), and IF you put your hand on one of those places the particles landed, you could still avoid ANY virus getting into your body by simply washing your hands before the next time you touch your face or your food.
The virus spreads through extended periods of "close contact" which is more akin to sharing a meal with family members, tending to the sick, kissing, etc. I don't know about you, but i don't do this with strangers around me at the game. You will be fine. Stop the panic. Stop the madness. Start the economy. Start football.
I will listen to the experts, not anyone on this board. Even they are still learning the symptoms and how it spreads. We have a lot of noise on this discussion, much of it coming from me. It’s all a bunch of hooey. Do unto others. Wear a mask.
 #27745  by Flagman
 Mon May 11, 2020 7:14 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:15 pm
Flagman wrote:
Flagman wrote:
BYOM also?
We will be checking temperatures and if we hear a cough or sneeze, you'll be kicked out of our little island..
FUBeAR liked this
 #27747  by apaladin
 Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 am
The only fear I have is if I have to sneeze in a public place and being shot on site. I agree with 01, chances of getting it in open air is very minuscule. The madness needs to stop. Play ball!!
dornb liked this
 #27748  by aqualung
 Tue May 12, 2020 8:06 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 am
The only fear I have is if I have to sneeze in a public place and being shot on site. I agree with 01, chances of getting it in open air is very minuscule. The madness needs to stop. Play ball!!
+1 and Amen. This economic shutdown has been ridiculous. I'm opting out of the pandemic.
tim liked this