• 2020-2021 Lineup predictions

#27173  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:52 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:16 pm
ETSU now lands grad transfer Jalen Johnson from The University of Tennessee... All of the buc faithful are over the moon on twitter about the past two commitments but I just don’t get it? Sure these guys played for an SEC team and a mid major champion team, but they both have no stats worth mentioning. I’d take our team against a group of guys who will probably meet each other in September at this rate. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed
 #27174  by paladinfan12
 Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:44 pm
Both of the transfers ETSU got this year (Jalen Johnson & Paul Smith) I doubt will help much. There is a reason they didn't play much at their old schools. The one that will be a big impact player is Ledarrius Brewer who had to sit out this past year. He was a good player with good stats who came on board.

It is hard to say what ETSU's team will look like next year. There are always like 7 new players with a handful of kids transferring in and a handful transferring out. I hate it for their education, but it does make for entertaining basketball.
 #27176  by tya1
 Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 pm
Another one time Furman offeree is transferring. Davion Mintz, 6'4" guard, is leaving Creighton for Kentucky. Maybe that is part of the reason O'Connell picked Creighton.
paladinfan12 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:44 pm
Both of the transfers ETSU got this year (Jalen Johnson & Paul Smith) I doubt will help much. There is a reason they didn't play much at their old schools. The one that will be a big impact player is Ledarrius Brewer who had to sit out this past year. He was a good player with good stats who came on board.

It is hard to say what ETSU's team will look like next year. There are always like 7 new players with a handful of kids transferring in and a handful transferring out. I hate it for their education, but it does make for entertaining basketball.
Paul Smith is an incoming freshman from DeMatha HS.
Silas Adheke is a transfer from Northern Kentucky, who I think will eligible to play immediately. He averaged about 3.6 ppg and 4.7 rebs at NKU. He is 6'8" 245, so ETSU probably sees him as a bruiser. Foul prone - he only played 13 minutes per game but was second on the team in fouls committed.
I suspect Jalen Johnson will be a starter. He averaged over 15 minutes per game and ETSU has a lot of holes to fill.
 #27328  by tya1
 Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 pm
More signings that could affect the SoCon race next year. I suspect most or all transfers will be able to play right away.
B. J. Mack will transfer from USF to Wofford. He could move right into the starting lineup for them. He only averaged 2 ppg and 1rpg as a freshman at USF but 6'8" 261 would give them immediate power up front.
UT-Chattanooga gets 6'5" 220 rising senior Darius Banks on a transfer from JMU. He scored 12 ppg and had 5 rpg and was 2nd all-time in steals at JMU. Banks was a three year starter.
UNCG gains a transfer in Hayden Koval, who is 7'0" 220 and averaged over 12 ppg, 7 rpg, and 3 blocked shots at Central Arkansas last year. Another rising senior.
ETSU picks up David Sloan, 6'0" 200 point guard on a transfer from Kansas State. He scored 5 ppg last year.
Samford gets A. J. Staton, 6'5" freshman guard from Charlotte, NC. He had about 10 reported offers.
Samford also picks up Triston Chambers, who is going the Bruce Grimm route. He left Samford for Alabama-Huntsville a couple of years ago and is now transferring back.
 #27330  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:27 am
tya1 wrote:
More signings that could affect the SoCon race next year. I suspect most or all transfers will be able to play right away.
B. J. Mack will transfer from USF to Wofford. He could move right into the starting lineup for them. He only averaged 2 ppg and 1rpg as a freshman at USF but 6'8" 261 would give them immediate power up front.
UT-Chattanooga gets 6'5" 220 rising senior Darius Banks on a transfer from JMU. He scored 12 ppg and had 5 rpg and was 2nd all-time in steals at JMU. Banks was a three year starter.
UNCG gains a transfer in Hayden Koval, who is 7'0" 220 and averaged over 12 ppg, 7 rpg, and 3 blocked shots at Central Arkansas last year. Another rising senior.
ETSU picks up David Sloan, 6'0" 200 point guard on a transfer from Kansas State. He scored 5 ppg last year.
Samford gets A. J. Staton, 6'5" freshman guard from Charlotte, NC. He had about 10 reported offers.
Samford also picks up Triston Chambers, who is going the Bruce Grimm route. He left Samford for Alabama-Huntsville a couple of years ago and is now transferring back.

None sit out why? If so college basketball is really becoming a heap of shit honestly
 #27486  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:17 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:27 am
tya1 wrote:

None sit out why? If so college basketball is really becoming a heap of shit honestly
If they are grad transfers they do not have to sit out. If not they do. If the new rule that allows one transfer per player without sitting out passes then I agree with your last statement. ;)

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by FUATT

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:38 pm

User avatar TV

by MNORM

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

Default Avatar WCU at Montana

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by rangab

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Default Avatar starting lineup projection

by furpop16

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.