• 2020-2021 Lineup predictions

#27082  by JohnW
 Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:55 am
Saw on twitter that Furman was one of a ton of schools that had contacted USF x-fer BJ Mack. He is a 6-8 260 FR from Charlotte.
 #27083  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:00 pm
JohnW wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:55 am
Saw on twitter that Furman was one of a ton of schools that had contacted USF x-fer BJ Mack. He is a 6-8 260 FR from Charlotte.
Well I guess that tells us we are at least looking at some guys and considering taking someone if we can get a quality player

#27084  by Monday
 Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:52 pm
Another former Furman recruit, Calvin Wishart, is transferring from GA Southern. Last year, his Sophomore year, he averaged 9.4 pts, 2.5 r, 2.7 ast, 42% fg and 38% 3pt.
 #27088  by apaladin
 Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:23 pm
Are all of these transfers from the new rule that says you can transfer one time without sitting out. Is it already in effect? Not talking about grad transfers.
 #27125  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:53 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:23 pm
Are all of these transfers from the new rule that says you can transfer one time without sitting out. Is it already in effect? Not talking about grad transfers.

Don't think that is in effect yet
 #27126  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:53 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 am
I feel every single one of our starting 5 has legit breakout 'potential' to be all SoCon next season, gonna be a fun group to watch

Let's just call this group the 'FU Fab 5' ;)
 #27127  by tya1
 Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:26 pm
Mounce and Gurley were all SoCon this year (third team.) Bothwell was definitely playing all conference level as the season advanced. He should be better next season. Slawson is on the Acox career path. He just needs to become a more consistent scorer. He does most other things well. Hunter plays a quiet, efficient game but isn't flashy - great for the team, but not for getting post season honors.
 #27128  by FUKA61
 Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:48 pm
Hunter's overall stats were the best of any pg in the league. You are right that he is not flashy and probably will not get the recognition he deserves.
FurmAlum, QCGlue liked this
 #27133  by FurmAlum
 Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:16 pm
Every team needs a player like Hunter. Makes great decisions with the ball, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, can hit the 3, and plays good defense. Perfect for the PG position. Everybody can't be the star.

I thought moving the 3 point line back hurt him some and I think he will be improved in that area after a summer of shooting practice. Also would like to see him take the ball to the basket a little more to keep the D honest.

I look for him to have an outstanding senior year.
QCGlue liked this
 #27165  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:28 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:49 pm
Former Northern Kentucky F Silas Adheke is transferring to ETSU.
Only scored 3pts a game, Forbes probably just desperate for someone with some size
 #27166  by tya1
 Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:32 am
A couple of notes -
Alex O'Connell has picked Creighton as his transfer destination.
Colin Castleton, 6'11" 235 forward, will transfer from Michigan. He was a sophomore this year. We offered Castleton out of high school. He is from Daytona Beach, FL. He played in 25 games for the Wolverines; 3.1 ppg, 2.4 rebs, 54 % FG shooting, and 83% FT shooting while playing about 8 minutes a game.
Also saw that Jimmy Sotos, a 6'3" guard at Bucknell who we tried to recruit a few years ago, will transfer to Ohio State. Sotos was a really solid player for Bucknell. He averaged about 11.5 ppg and 4 assists and started 77 games of the 100 games he played for them.
I wonder if some of these transfers are impacted by players having to just sit around and not practice, play, or be in regular contact with their coaches and teammates.
 #27169  by tya1
 Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm
Two more decisions to note, both guys we offered when they were in high school.

Trey McGowens is transferring to Nebraska. I really expected he would stay a little closer to home, but his comments about the choice indicate he thinks Nebraska's coach, Fred Hoiberg, may help him get to the NBA. Hoiberg had a very successful 10 year career in the NBA.
Calvin Wishart is going from Georgia Southern to UC-Santa Barbara. He is using basketball to explore all sides of the country. Wishart is from Delano, MN. After checking out southern Georgia he now will check out the California coast.
 #27171  by Paul C
 Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 am
tya1 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm

Calvin Wishart is going from Georgia Southern to UC-Santa Barbara. He is using basketball to explore all sides of the country. Wishart is from Delano, MN. After checking out southern Georgia he now will check out the California coast.
Transferring from Statesboro to Santa Barbara is like divorcing Honey BooBoo and marrying Giselle
Paladin575, furpop16, Paladin82 and 3 others liked this
 #27172  by PaladinPower
 Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:16 pm
ETSU now lands grad transfer Jalen Johnson from The University of Tennessee... All of the buc faithful are over the moon on twitter about the past two commitments but I just don’t get it? Sure these guys played for an SEC team and a mid major champion team, but they both have no stats worth mentioning. I’d take our team against a group of guys who will probably meet each other in September at this rate. Just my 2 cents.

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.