• Will there be football this fall?

#26707  by cavedweller2
 Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:08 pm
I’m planning on getting my golf handicap back to single digits.
 #26709  by FurmAlum
 Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm trying to think of something sarcastic, funny, or that gets me in trouble with the thought police, but I just can't think of anything.

Sorry apaladin. But don't jump yet.
 #26710  by Bootie
 Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:51 pm
I need someone to talk me off the ledge.
If you can solve the problem,
Then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it,
Then what is the use of worrying?
-Shantideva
 #26712  by FUBeAR
 Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:49 am
Bootie wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:51 pm
I need someone to talk me off the ledge.
If you can solve the problem,
Then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it,
Then what is the use of worrying?
-Shantideva
 #26715  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:45 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 am
If this thing lasts long enough to scuttle fall football, we've got bigger problems than football.
Ain’t that the truth. So far they have basically taken away or are in the process of taking everything Americans enjoy in less than a week. From sports to movies to going out to eat and everything in between.
 #26718  by fufanatic
 Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:46 am
I’m still processing no March Madness. I mentally can’t think about no football just yet.
Last edited by fufanatic on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #26729  by The Jackal
 Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:11 pm
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
If this thing lasts long enough to scuttle fall football, we've got bigger problems than football.
Ain’t that the truth. So far they have basically taken away or are in the process of taking everything Americans enjoy in less than a week. From sports to movies to going out to eat and everything in between.
Baseball will eventually come back to renew the American psyche. Like always.
 #26736  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:42 pm
The Jackal wrote:[quote=apaladin post_id=26715 time=<a href="tel:1584452717" data-original-title="" title="">1584452717</a> user_id=50]
[quote="The Jackal" post_id=26714 time=<a href="tel:1584448628" data-original-title="" title="">1584448628</a> user_id=52]
[/quote]

Baseball will eventually come back to renew the American psyche. Like always.[/quote]

I hope you are right. We are less than a week in and I am already depressed as h***. I wake up depressed. Sports is a big part of it but everything we love to do is being taken away at least for months. It is also depressing that this could become the new norm. The long term effects could be devastating to our “normal world”. I can see martial law right around the corner.
 #26744  by FurmAlum
 Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Everything but one. I wonder if we will see an increase in the birth rate in Dec./Jan.? :D

No two. We can still go out and play golf, at least for those who like to do that. And I did it this past weekend and plan to again on Thursday. As for the item above.....
 #26761  by cavedweller2
 Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:59 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Everything but one. I wonder if we will see an increase in the birth rate in Dec./Jan.? :D

No two. We can still go out and play golf, at least for those who like to do that. And I did it this past weekend and plan to again on Thursday. As for the item above.....
Make sure you disinfect your balls.
 #26826  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 am
In an interview the southeastern conference commissioner stated that he “was still hopeful that we would still have a full football season”. So it’s already being discussed and is out there. The US Olympic team has asked that the Olympics which is 4 months away be postponed. So apparently there is little hope that this thing is going to be controlled any time soon at least among some. If football doesn’t start on time this country will be in such bad shape by then we will be in a deep depression like none of us has ever seen. Many business will be bankrupt and will not start up again. Unemployment will be at an all time high. The airlines say they will be out of business by May. The hotel industry has already said they are about to go under. Someone somewhere sooner or later is going to have answer the question is the virus worse or is people losing everything they have worked so hard for worse. This is getting really scary, not the virus but the panic and mass hysteria that is now out of control.
 #26827  by fufanatic
 Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:52 am
The part that’s making this so tough is that even in a best case scenario (could change, but what I’ve heard), an antidote won’t be available and ready for complete public consumption until sometime in 2021. So maybe it goes away when it’s warm this spring/summer, but does it come back in November? I think that’s what’s so scary. Because as long as its floating around, and there’s no way to create herd immunity, our life as we know it will probably be a lot different.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.