• Citadel @ Furman (Feb. 29)(Senior Day)

#26035  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:22 am
affirm wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Great emotional win for the Paladins. Good crowd, but still too many no shows. I am going to call out the fans that left with about 4 minutes to go in the game. Jordan Lyons deserved a full house standing ovation when he left the court. I know there are a few that need to leave for health reasons, but that many? There is no excuse for not being there to send off one of the greatest to ever put on a Paladin jersey. I am sorry to point this out, but sometimes Furman fans piss me off.
I was surprised & disappointed by the small number of FU Class of 2020 members who came to center court at half time for the photo, particularly in view of the fact that this senior class has been at Furman for the 4 winningest consecutive men’s basketball seasons in Furman history. Kudos to those who not only were present for this game, but also came out on the court for the photo. It seems there should have been at least double the number who were out there. I will give benefit of doubt and say that hopefully many, many seniors had legitimate conflicts that kept them elsewhere this afternoon. None of us should take these last 4 years and especially this 2019-2020 season for granted.
It has certainly been a great 4 years. Unprecedented in FU basketball. Was there maybe 5-10% of the 2020 class present? The game was annouced a sellout. I too was disappinted at the people who were there and left early, especially the students.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:16 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.